LT 150

rwels173

Threads
Went to start the mower today and it had a hard time starting. Once running it sounded like it was misfiring and stalled on me. I could not restart it. I checked for spark and it seemed weak and intermitent. So I replaced spark plug with new one and it started right up but ran rough. Then it stalled again and wouldn t restart for about 20 minutes. Then it started and ran rough again. Could it be the coil? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Rich

rwels173

Threads
Wow, thanks for all the help. The responses are overwhelming. This forum is the best.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow, thanks for all the help. The responses are overwhelming. This forum is the best.

Ouch...
Hey Rich... not all posts get seen the same day that they are placed...

And actually "This forum is the best."
That Kohler, could have a weak coil... I'm guessing you have already eliminated fuel & fuel delivery as contributing to this problem...
Is the plug wet or dry after it has been running? :smile:KennyV

rwels173

Threads
Kenny, I apologize for the sarcasm. After seeing the thread had 70 plus views I figured no one was willing to help. Anyway, the plug is wet when I pull it after it stalls so it is getting fuel. I kinda think the coil might be crapping out, but don t they usually just stop working all together? IDK Thanks Rich

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kenny, I apologize for the sarcasm. After seeing the thread had 70 plus views I figured no one was willing to help. Anyway, the plug is wet when I pull it after it stalls so it is getting fuel. I kinda think the coil might be crapping out, but don t they usually just stop working all together? IDK Thanks Rich

If you'll look at the bottom of the homepage, you'll notice there is a very small percentage of members to visitors. Visitors can't post, even if they wanna help with your problem. However, I do believe their view is still counted on the counter for 'views'......

If you'll also notice, not all of us have ALL our interests in JD.....:biggrin:

As to your question, I have seen coils go weak before toally failing. Just curious - does your Kohler have a capacitor on it? That sounds like the old JD 110's when they would kinda puke, but not totally....

If it does, try changing it...they're cheap.

And BTW....this IS the best forum out there for this kinda stuff......to echo Kenny.

rwels173

Threads
twall, I do appreciate the help. I do not believe it has a capacitor but I wil check to make sure. BTW how do you like your snapper?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
twall, I do appreciate the help. I do not believe it has a capacitor but I wil check to make sure. BTW how do you like your snapper?

I love it, thanks for asking! :thumbsup:

It's going to end up being my only mower, I think. I like the OHV B&S, the shift-on the fly disk drive (and the great placement of the shifter), the great ride, the power, it's just great. I've wanted one for a looong time...finally found one that was a deal I could "snap" on!

rwels173

Threads
Ive looked at them too and always wanted to "try" one out. Maybe someday?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
As to your coil issue, when mine went weak, they didn't fire all the time, and thusly, misfired. I'm pretty sure a new coil will fix you right up.

They are worth at least a test drive. I like the cool feel and sound when you change speeds on the fly.....sounds like a hydro.