New to Husqvarna---???

Tater

Threads
OK-Just bought my first Husky mower a 61" cut ZTR w/28 hp B&S... Not a big B&S fan but...
Are there things that I need to watch out for or do on this mower...??? I have and have used an 89 Wheel Horse 60" cut 724Z w/24hp Onan for all its life till now, still is ok, been a good one...
This is late as it is paid for now (Husky), but is it good bad or ugly...lol... Only thing I know is their site leaves a lot to be desired, hope their mowers are better...
Have a good one...Tater...

Tater

Threads
OK-Got the mower home yesterday and did a bit of ergo adjustments, then mowed a bit...
The mower is sure a bit faster and with quicker and jerkier response than my old 724Z, but maybe I can get used to that... When I switch the blades in gear at idle it kills the engine and if I up the RPMs it rattles and shakes the deck pretty bad, possibly because of the higher blade speed, but it makes me want to question the belt life ... I wanted to scoot the seat back a bit but it wouldn't budge either way when I released it and tried, I'll look closer today and see if it is locked up as it would hit the engine if it went back much... My knee still hits the right steering lever when I release the deck to mow at 1-1/2" or 1-3/4" even after setting the foot control all the way forward, btw-I'm not a tall person probably close to average, about 5'-10".... More after I adjust and use it more...

CajunCub

Threads
Something is wrong with that deck or the way it was installed. You should not have those viberation problems. I'd take it right back to the dealer.

Tater

Threads
Something is wrong with that deck or the way it was installed. You should not have those viberation problems. I'd take it right back to the dealer.
I'll check back with the dealer, but I didn't make it clear, what I meant was, it rattles and shakes on starting the blades, but it's pretty smooth after getting them going... Actually they seem pretty well balanced when up to speed...
Do you think there is still a problem...???
Thanks and have a good one...Tater...

Tater

Threads
OK-I had problems steering from the git go, but just thought that it was that much different from my old Wheel Horse 724Z and everyone said it would just take some getting used to... It was just too hard steering and too darn herky jerky & narveious... Well after just a bit of mowing I removed the cylinders from the steering to get it more free steering like my other mower, still very herky jerky but easier to steer... I even parked it and used my old Z to trim around the trees... Today I was about ready to return it and sell or do something, and I decided that before I returned it I needed to put the steering cylinders back on, got one on and went to put the other one on and the darn steering linkage to the bar just about fell off, the dang bolt was almost ready to fall off, tightened it back up and man what a difference, I'll know before long if that was the whole problem, but I think it may have been... More to come...

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are there things that I need to watch out for or do on this mower...???
First thing you do when you get it home is check all of the nuts and bolts and make sure they are properly tightened. Other than that, nothing really.

Tater

Threads
First thing you do when you get it home is check all of the nuts and bolts and make sure they are properly tightened. Other than that, nothing really.
I have torque wrenchs in inch pounds & foot pounds standing by, and when I get anything I always check all bolts and screws for propper torque, don't know how I over looked that one...:laughing:...:laughing:...:laughing:...
Joking of course...
BTW-My manual came in and so did the extra set of blades, I like to keep an extra set of blades to sharpen at my convenience...
Thanks and have a good one...Tater...

Last edited:

Tater

Threads
What do I like about my Husky, so far not much, even compared to my 22 yr. old zero turn mower...:thumbdown:...

Tater

Threads
Well I have used it about a month or so now (2-yards) and have not grown to like it one bit...
My old Wheel Horse that I parked in the shed and gave the inside to the Husky, well I am goin back to it, the Husky may get the outside stall now and save the old mower...
I was thinkin about doin a bit of mods to the deck and went by to pick up a can of touch-up paint till I got the price---$30.95 for a 12 oz can of orange paint...????:thumbdown:
And thats what I give this mower...:thumbdown:...:thumbdown:...

Parkmower

Threads
Ok first why are you mowing at 1.5"?
And are you sure yr not just still in love wit yr old mower. This happens to me whenever I get new equipment. Find every little thing you can as why old equip was better. How many hrs you put on it yet?
I use a new husq PZ 7234 and at first didn't like it but now love it. And talkin to another agency that has same size mowers in a husq and a Deere they say the husq outperforms the Deere allday