Need Homelite (John Deere Branded) Weed Trimmer Throttle Cable

BigNutz

Threads
  • / Need Homelite (John Deere Branded) Weed Trimmer Throttle Cable
I'm looking for a Throttle Cable (PS04162) for a John Deere branded (manufactured by HomeLite) weed trimmer: C1200 (UT-20809).

Apparently they have stopped making this cable, so I'm hoping someone out there has a replacement!

Thanks,

BN

BigNutz

Threads
  • / Need Homelite (John Deere Branded) Weed Trimmer Throttle Cable
So after spending 2 hours searching last night I had an idea last night that I'm going to try. The problem with this particular throttle cable is the "Z" bend connector on the carb end broke off and the cable end has frayed. I am currently in the middle of rebuilding a Ryobi leaf blower that is equipped with a Walbro WT340, but instead of the "Z" bend connector, it uses a swivel kit. This option also gives me the option to adjust the throttle cable tension if needed, and it will only cost about $2.00!

Here's a link: Walbro Small Engine Throttle Shaft Repair Kit 52-558 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

I went down this morning to see if this idea looked like it would work, and I'm pretty certain it will. I'll let you know how it all works out.

BN