2015 Exmark ZTR new steering wheel option

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, & I prefer the lap bars as well..

I hear Toro is coming out with a similiar model, w / steer wheel.. (no surprise)..

Dave1954

Threads
ladies love the steering wheels :laughing:

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's true, Cub Cadet has had one out with steering wheel. That all I know about it..

This Exmark says it steers by the front wheels, I would like to see the underside of this machine.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
On the cub cadet you can steer with the front wheels or pull a pin and let them be caster wheels.

It still turns with the rear wheels.
The front wheels help with hills.

I love the steering wheel. Lap bars make me feel trapped.

Lawn Addict
Threads
On the cub cadet you can steer with the front wheels or pull a pin and let them be caster wheels.

It still turns with the rear wheels.
The front wheels help with hills.

I love the steering wheel. Lap bars make me feel trapped.

Oh you have a Cub like that then (sounds like), cool.. That is very interesting you can steer f. wheels, or pull a pin for castor action.. Well I imagine the front steer is a big help on slopes.. (Hadn't thought of that).

If the steering wheel controls the direction (either way), does Cub have a Forward & Reverse 'go' pedal then ?

I saw a 4x4 Dixie Chopper, that was on a heavy slope & just flying along..

Brucebotti

Threads
ladies love the steering wheels :laughing:

Dang! The next thing you know, they'll be wanting to mow the lawn and take our fun away...:thumbdown:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Cubs have the dedicated dual hydrostatic rear-wheel transmission, It's synchronized with the front steering to reduce turf damage or so they claim. The only thing I can see is it's a lot more work on the arms and shoulders to operate than the lap bars. Considering that Toro owns Exmark they'll probably not be far behind with theirs if the Exmark does well.

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Cubs have the dedicated dual hydrostatic rear-wheel transmission, It's synchronized with the front steering to reduce turf damage or so they claim. The only thing I can see is it's a lot more work on the arms and shoulders to operate than the lap bars. Considering that Toro owns Exmark they'll probably not be far behind with theirs if the Exmark does well.

Ric- Thanks for the 411 on the Cub set-up.. Was very curious about more details..

A friend works at our local Toro Dealer, & he says Toro is expected to have a steering wheel Z coming out soon as well.. Said I bought my 2014 Toro 1 year too early. :laughing:

I told him, no way, I much prefer the lap bars now that I'm spoiled..

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric- Thanks for the 411 on the Cub set-up.. Was very curious about more details..

A friend works at our local Toro Dealer, & he says Toro is expected to have a steering wheel Z coming out soon as well.. Said I bought my 2014 Toro 1 year too early. :laughing:

I told him, no way, I much prefer the lap bars now that I'm spoiled..

I don't know what Toro you're using but I'd be willing to bet if Toro does come out with a steering wheel ZTR that it will be in the Time Cutter or Titan series ZTR. I can't see one being used for the Commercial Z-Master mower.
The thing is the Cub Cadets have never sold or done that well, the lap bar models have out sold them by a big margin. I think their S series will eventually end up the same as the Hustler Zeon that was supposed to be the next big thing in a ztr....Discontinued.