toro 22" rear wheel drive

ron815

Threads
I have a 2006 toro self propelled recycler. The self propelled part stopped working. I have downloaded the repair manual from toro and the job is beyond my skills. I don't want to take it to the toro repair because I'm afraid it will cost close to the cost of a new one. The belt looks ok.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you do not want to try the fix... check with local mower shops... these are not that hard to work on... you ought to give it a try... :smile:KennyV
BTW ... Welcome to LMF... If you are lacking the confidence to tackle this job... we will try to talk you through it...

ron815

Threads
Made a mistake, it is a personal pace. 2006 toro, model 20070. Good mower, but couple years ago, it stopped pulling. Turned it over and saw the belt had slipped off the blade pulley. Put it back on and thought my problems were solved. Still, personal pace doesn't work.
22" rear wheel drive is what it is. Things to check would be very appreciated.

CajunCub

Threads
Belts don't just fall off...something else is out of place or missing. Check the idler pulley and spring, the cable pull & spring, the belt guide...or the pulley may have a key that fell out or a loose set screw on the shaft....ect. Keep looking, Good Luck!:thumbsup:

ron815

Threads
It didn't fall off. It slipped off the blade pulley. It slipped below the pulley. It was still on the tranny pulley. I put it back on.

CajunCub

Threads
By "fall off" that is what I meant....if it comes off the pulley anywhere.

ron815

Threads
need things to check to pin down the problem.

CajunCub

Threads
Take some good pictures and post, I could help you more.

ron815

Threads
Sorry, but I'll figure it out.

gkelm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The PIN-SPRING which connects the transmission to the rear wheel drive shaft sheared on my 20462 TORO. Is this a common problem? I have checked many forums and have not heard of this. I have ordered the $0.59 part and am wondering if there is more going on here. The drive worked great until last mowing.