kohler engine won'tstart

jerseyboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I am a dumbass and did not run my mower dry at the end of last sesison nor do anything else to store it properly except protect it from the weather. The mower is a husqvarna with a 149cc Kohler XT-6 engine. It has an automatice choke. I drained the old gas out and tried to start it with new gas and got nothing. No cough, no inital start.... nothing. I checked the plug and I am getting a spark. There is no inline fliter to clog. I discomnnnected the gas lines from the tank and to the carb as well as drained the carb bowl and it appears to be getting gas to that point, but with pulling the starter cord the plug is not getting wet. If I spray a small amount of gas directly through the carb it fires nicely for 1-2 seconds.

I assume I gunked up the carb. Any other ideas? It worked well when put away at end of last year.
My next question is has anyone had any luck loosening up the float or uncloging the jet with anything other than disassmebly and cleaning?

Thanks for your help in advance and I have learned my lesson.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi everyone,

I assume I gunked up the carb.
any luck loosening up the float or uncloging the jet with anything other than disassmebly and cleaning?

You can try sprays and addatives... BUT that sludge goo is very sticky and would make a nasty glue...
Disassembly is your best bet... it's not as bad as you would think... :smile:KennyV
BTW... WELCOME to LMF...

jerseyboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well the sun is out and I plan to clean the carb today. Thanks for the input.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi and WELCOME to LawnMowerForum!! I have moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll have a better chance of getting assistance there. :thumbsup: