Stihlclub sh86 blower safety problem will not shut off

Taos

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Stihlclub sh86 blower safety problem will not shut off
I went to use my stihl SH 86c leaf blower today and went to shut the engine off and it will not shut off from the switch!
So I got my insulating spark plug pliers and pulled the spark plug wire off the spark plug ,then once it cooled down I took the handle apart to have a look at the (on-off ) kill switch to find out what the problem is ,I had a quick visual of the wiring ,switch, and kill button all looked good so I took my ohm meter out and tested the switch it is good then I checked the two wires from switch to ignition coil and there was no continuity on the black wire ! I pulled the wire off the blower and did a wiggle test with the ohm meter on it and found a break in the wire. So if anybody out there has a stihl blower that doesn't shut off its most likely to be a open in the wires blue or black coming from the on -off switch to ignition coil, the break is most likely to be were the wires exit the handle . Check photos in my case both wires broke Remember this is a safety concern as you can't shut it off from the switch!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ya I saw that the wires run dangerously close to the metal on mine

Taos

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ya I saw that the wires run dangerously close to the metal on mine

The reason the wires break is the kill switch is in the handle and the ignition coil is on the engine , the handle moves due to rubber insulators between the handle and engine and we all know when you bend a wire back and forth it will break . And this is what happened to mine , stihl needs to redesign this as there will be lots of blowers out there not being able to turn them off from the off switch, you imagine a car company with this problem !

primerbulb120

Threads
The same problem occurred while I was using my Stihl chainsaw. I took off the cover and found that the ground wire had come loose from the off switch.

When one of my machines refuses to shut down with the off switch, I turn the choke on all the way. It works every time, although it takes several pulls to restart the machine afterwards.

khawajas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Restihl blower packpack problem please help ...... chalk problem

every time I turn the chalk on and try to start the chalk pop out of its position cant understand why it never used to do that

nhyrum

Threads
Re: Restihl blower packpack problem please help ...... chalk problem

every time I turn the chalk on and try to start the chalk pop out of its position cant understand why it never used to do that

I bet its linked to the throttle. I dont have that specific model, but on a different blower I have if I touch the throttle it shuts the choke off.

also, check the choke mechanism to make sure its not broke