John deere 522 snowblower question

Ejd148

Threads
Hi,

I'm trying to disassemble the augers and drive shaft from the housing of a JD 522 snowblower. I've removed the side panels to release the auger shaft on each side. The main drive shaft that goes through and connects to the rear pulley is giving me problems. I've removed the pulley and bearing shield but it seems the shaft is seized in the bearing. It rotates free and smooth. I've applied generous amounts of penetrating lube and let it sit over night. Should I use a 5lb hammer to try and free it? Any other suggestions would be well received. Sorry I don't have pics to clarify. Thanks

Flintmotorsports

Threads
So is you bearing stuck on the shaft in the blower? if so try and Break the ball bearing out of the inside of the bearing
with out damaging the blower housing and If you could a pic would help.

Ejd148

Threads
I finally pounded out the augers shaft and bearing. Had to grind the shaft down to remove the bearing as I distorted it from hitting it so much. Since then I've torn everything down and refurbished. New gaskets and seals in the engine. Lapped the valves and replaced the carb. It's all done except for the wheels. Waiting on new tires to arrive. Runs like a champ, can't wait to test it out.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg