Restored 1953 Lawn-Boy mower

Mowerman1953

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently completed (Restored) a 1953 Iron Horse Lawn-Boy. Had all original parts & fortunately the model# plate was in perfect condition. The engine ran good before I restored it and I haven't started it yet after restoration. It was a fun project,especially knowing it was going to turn out exactly like the ones I worked on as a child. My father started a small engine sales & service in 1950 and we sold Lawn-Boys. My wife & I took over the business in 1986 and it is still in operation today. Our son & his wife are the next generation to take over soon.So you can imagine how excited I was to complete this project (being born in 1953). I worked on it at night after business hours to get it completed. I'm giving it to our daughter & her husband as a gift. She had mentioned a while back that it would be cool to have a vintage lawn mower hanging above the fireplace of their new home. Well, I think that's where it's going to end up being. Hope you enjoy the photos. Well, I tried to add pics but can anybody tell me how??? Very frustrating!!!

Last edited:

graydog

Threads
...................Well, I tried to add pics but can anybody tell me how??? Very frustrating!!!

I found your photos. Scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and then drag them into area below the photos. You did a beautiful job of restoration. I'm sure it didn't look that good when new.
I have a 1960 Lawn Boy Model #7250 with the grass catcher on the rear. I bought it new and still use it to mow near the back door because it does a good job of catching the clippings and my ZTR is too big to mow that area. I always turn off gas ad run it until it quits, then turn it upside down to empty the tank. Though it's unsightly, it's always had an inline filter.

Attachments

• '58 Lawn Boy 4.jpg
    '58 Lawn Boy 4.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 14
  • '58 Lawn Boy 3.jpg
    '58 Lawn Boy 3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 15
  • '58 Lawn Boy 2.jpg
    '58 Lawn Boy 2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 1960 Lawn Boy 2014.png
    1960 Lawn Boy 2014.png