Gravely Promaster 44Z Fuel Problem

don davis

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had problems with fuel on my 44Z and it was the gas lines in tanks going bad got cracks in hose. After replacing both lines in tanks no more problems.

Hi guys!

Let me give what info I can and see if it can help you in knowing what my problem might be. A couple of weeks ago I went to cut my grass and it ran about 5 minutes and then the motor killed. Now the it won't stay running, unless the choke is on, and even then it try's to kill until I wiggle it back and forth. It is of my opinion it may be one or more problems from the following list below.

1. Since I can keep it running by wiggling the choke, the carburetor may not be getting enough fuel when the choke is released.

2. A gasoline line leak.

3. A vacuum leak.

4. A dirty or bad carburator.

5. The gasoline caps are not holding a vacuum.

6.Moisture in the fuel tanks

7. Trash in the fuel tanks.

* Take not that at first I thought it might be bad gas, so I tried putting Sea Foam in what gas I had left in the tank be I still have the problem. I also changed the fuel filter, and checked to see if fuel ran pass my fuel filter, and it was pumping though.

What do you guys think is my problem?

satman858

Threads
I had problems with fuel on my 44Z and it was the gas lines in tanks going bad got cracks in hose. After replacing both lines in tanks no more problems.

Sorry Don Davis,

I forgot to post back the results 2 years ago of replacing my fuel lines from the helpful link I posted in my last post reply. My problem was also the cracked fuel lines. I was told at the Gravley dealer that additives in gasoline these days after time eat upon the fuel lines until they start eventually begin to crack and leak.