Help! Belt fell off my Raptor

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
By the looks of the belt you need a new one.

Number one reason a belt comes off is time to replace it.

gfp55

Threads
I've been searching all over and can't seem to find a guide or DIY on replacing the belt on one of these machines. Beyond frustrating...

I'm sorry but I can't put your belt route map and your picture together so I can understand it. I'm glad someone with more brains then me stepped in to help you. I'm sorry for the confusion I caused you. Thanks Carscw for helping them out.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm sorry but I can't put your belt route map and your picture together so I can understand it. I'm glad someone with more brains then me stepped in to help you. I'm sorry for the confusion I caused you. Thanks Carscw for helping them out.

No sir not more brains.

I have just had his problem before.

mk3wagen

Threads
You are putting the belt on right.

Loosen the bolt on top of the pulley. That will let the guide move so you can get the bolt on.

I just tried that and can't loosen it.

mk3wagen

Threads
By the looks of the belt you need a new one.

Number one reason a belt comes off is time to replace it.

Doubt it needs to be replaced. The mower has less than 8 hours on it. I was cutting the grass in my backyard at the lowest setting and backed up into a bump. When I pulled forward I noticed that the blades were no longer on. It sucks because I just got it back from service last week due to the deck not staying leveled and now this. I'll call service tomorrow and have them pick it up again. :mur:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Loosening the bolt is the best way.

I and a lot of others just bend the guide then bend it back after the belt is on.

To loosen the nut you need to hold the bolt with a wrench. Just slide it under the pulley while you turn the nut and the wrench will slip on to the bolt.

mk3wagen

Threads
Loosening the bolt is the best way.

I and a lot of others just bend the guide then bend it back after the belt is on.

To loosen the nut you need to hold the bolt with a wrench. Just slide it under the pulley while you turn the nut and the wrench will slip on to the bolt.

Took the bracket off and tried to take the bolt off the pulley again. No luck. I think I'll give up at this point since I've already wasted half my Sunday trying to fix it. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_5094.jpg
    IMG_5094.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 47

mk3wagen

Threads
I took another shot at it this morning and got the nut off. I used a piece of 2x4 to keep the bracket from hitting the other pulley when loosing the nut. I found a good angle to use a breaker bar and got it right off. Works like it did before. Thanks for the help Carscw. :thumbsup:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I took another shot at it this morning and got the nut off. I used a piece of 2x4 to keep the bracket from hitting the other pulley when loosing the nut. I found a good angle to use a breaker bar and got it right off. Works like it did before. Thanks for the help Carscw. :thumbsup:

Glad you kept at it.
Sometimes you just need a bigger tool.

Happy mowing.