Help! Belt fell off my Raptor

mk3wagen

Threads
While cutting my yard the belt fell off my 42" Raptor. I can't seem to figure out a way to put the belt back on. Is one of the pulleys supposed to be taken off? Any help would be appreciated.

gfp55

Threads
While cutting my yard the belt fell off my 42" Raptor. I can't seem to figure out a way to put the belt back on. Is one of the pulleys supposed to be taken off? Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have an owners manual?

mk3wagen

Threads
The bracket in the picture does not allow the belt to fit on the pulley. Is this pulley supposed to be taken off. If so, how?

Attachments

• IMG_5091.jpg
    IMG_5091.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 58

gfp55

Threads
The bracket in the picture does not allow the belt to fit on the pulley. Is this pulley supposed to be taken off. If so, how?

You are not putting the belt on correctly. Check you belt route. The pulley you have your finger is near is supposed to have the back side of the belt ride on it, not the V part of the belt.

mk3wagen

Threads
You are not putting the belt on correctly. Check you belt route. The pulley you have your finger is near is supposed to have the back side of the belt ride on it, not the V part of the belt.

The point is that the belt doesn't clear the bracket. I know which way to route the belt and I realize that belt is on backwards on that pulley.

gfp55

Threads
The point is that the belt doesn't clear the bracket. I know which way to route the belt and I realize that belt is on backwards on that pulley.
If you are putting the belt on correct the bracket has nothing to do with the belt. If the belt is on right the bracket will not be in the way, so you don't have to take it off of its not in the way do you.

mk3wagen

Threads
If you are putting the belt on correct the bracket has nothing to do with the belt. If the belt is on right the bracket will not be in the way, so you don't have to take it off of its not in the way do you.

I've routed the belt exactly how the manual and the sticker on my deck shows. The belt needs to be in between the bracket and the pulley. By bracket I mean that piece metal that my finger is touching.

Attachments

• IMG_5092.jpg
    IMG_5092.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5093.PNG
    IMG_5093.PNG
    105.6 KB · Views: 27

mk3wagen

Threads
I've been searching all over and can't seem to find a guide or DIY on replacing the belt on one of these machines. Beyond frustrating...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are putting the belt on right.

Loosen the bolt on top of the pulley. That will let the guide move so you can get the bolt on.