2 stage mid-grade blower recomendations

Threads
We avg 10 feet of snow / year , sometimes as little as 4 feet and up to 15 feet ( both in the last 5 years) 2010-2011 179.4
2011-2012 50.6
:laughing:
Gravel driveway 150 feet long , clear out an area next to it on packed dirt lawn for extra parking . The road I live on is narrow and private so we pay for a pick up truck to plow it and if it is too warm early in the season they can't push the snow back much past the edge of the road or they will get stuck in the lawns , and the soft area at the end of the road where a lot of the snow ends up.
So in addition to just doing my driveway and extra parking area ( 1 1/2 car wide x 60 feet ) keeping the banks from the plow cut back till the ground freezes up each time we get plowed in the early season is something I need to be able to do most years.
The other , and very important , thing is that my wife ( maybe 120# suited up for winter ) also be able to move , turn , this blower when I'm not here to do it .
So I think I'm in the market for :
Something easy to operate , auto turn or similar
The ability to do some heavy work when needed
Ease of both starting and maint.
Longevity of the machine and engine

Unfortunately , the move up to a pro model is way out of the budget of just over 1k and definitely under 2k . No used machines need apply.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look into a Toro 926 with the turning clutches.

jross

Threads
That's a good choice. For a gravel driveway install a set of Armor Shoesand set the clearance between the scraper and the gravel at least 3/4 inch. Just set the scaper on a one by board that fits in between the shose. Show her how to replace the shear bolts. A cab is also a plus when blowing snow. If you install a cab bolt about 7 pounds of cast iron weights ( $3.50 ea. from Walmart) on each side of the housing when the drift cutters go. This will balance the weight of the cab. You could spend $60 for an Ariens weight that bolts on the top of the housing.

Threads
This is the one I'm planning on buying. Just about the same conditions you describe. Making do right now with a 1995 MTD 22 incher.

Ariens Deluxe 28 in. Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower with Auto-Turn Steering-921030 at The Home Depot

My dealer has that one for the same price , seems like a good machine .
Also looking at the platinum sho 24" for about 400$ more . Little larger engine and heated grips .

Platinum

They also have the cub cadet line as well.
Since I bought my mower from them ( cub zero turn ) maybe I can get the price down on the 30" sho.

Also , any users of the newer cub blowers ?

Flintmotorsports

Threads
So I am a Ariens dealer and I am going to buy the deluxe 28+ it has a bigger engine then the deluxe 28 and it also
has better tires. it can also got may accessories with it that is why I am going with the ariens brand and they are also
a tank and will last for ever

tigercat

Threads
Tonight I just ran my Ariens 28" Deluxe around my drive way for the first time this year. I like the brand and recommend them.

Picks of the fleet. The 28" is the smaller of the two on the right.

Threads
That's a good choice. For a gravel driveway install a set of Armor Shoesand set the clearance between the scraper and the gravel at least 3/4 inch. Just set the scaper on a one by board that fits in between the shose. Show her how to replace the shear bolts. A cab is also a plus when blowing snow. If you install a cab bolt about 7 pounds of cast iron weights ( $3.50 ea. from Walmart) on each side of the housing when the drift cutters go. This will balance the weight of the cab. You could spend $60 for an Ariens weight that bolts on the top of the housing.

I looked up the Armor Shoes , they look to be a foot long and have a good curve on the ends , they look like they might be helpful on varied terrain .
I wonder it they would have a tendency to ride up on the packed snow when cutting the the banks back that the plow leaves along the sides of the road ( parallel to the road ) ?

Threads
Tonight I just ran my Ariens 28" Deluxe around my drive way for the first time this year. I like the brand and recommend them.

Picks of the fleet. The 28" is the smaller of the two on the right.

On the machine on the left , are those two brackets ( ? ) in front of the handlebar housing for a snow cab ?

Also , how did you mount your lights ? I doubt the one on my platinum housing isn't going to work well when I put a cab on it.