2 stage mid-grade blower recomendations

jross

Threads
Just a note to say if you install a cab on the Ariens which very simple to do even by your self, add 14 lbs of weight on the front end or you'll have the blower lifting up and the cab banging your head. You could buy an Ariens 10 lb weight for $60 which bolts inside over the auger, or you could install one 2 lb and one 5 lb steel lifting weights on each side available from Walmart for about $14 in the drift cutter holes. You'll have to buy stove bolts,fender washers and nuts. You can still install drift cutters inside the weights.

Last edited:

Threads
I may add some weight to the front , haven't decided for sure yet . I added the armorskids and the cab. I was just playing around the other day and really like this machine . Great power to width ratio :cool:

The auto turn works great :thumbsup:

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Never did get mine-needed a quad, so bought that. Then it became a question of new snowblower, or plow for the quad. $340 for the plow, or 1K for the snowblower seemed like a no-brainer. I'm keeping my old MTD in reserve and also for the finer stuff.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Never did get mine-needed a quad, so bought that. Then it became a question of new snowblower, or plow for the quad. $340 for the plow, or 1K for the snowblower seemed like a no-brainer. I'm keeping my old MTD in reserve and also for the finer stuff. Snowing today for the first time.

danajd11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Toro power max with the easy steer 8-10 hp great machine mine handles wet heavy snow great in new england