Great Dane Super Surfer

Mike88se

Threads
I saw a CL ad for a 52" Great Dane stand-on. I don't know anything about these mowers and only one post came up in search... unanswered. Anybody have experience with them?

mowerman05

Threads
I own a great dane scamper 48 hydro, made by John Deere. good mower just not many around this area. The only problem I had was it ate belts at 2 a year, the problem was the pulley from the motor to the deck was not in line, had a machine shop cut the shaft off the pulley and add about 1 1/4 in to the heighth of it . Works like a charm.:thumbsup:

Mike88se

Threads
I own a great dane scamper 48 hydro, made by John Deere. good mower just not many around this area. The only problem I had was it ate belts at 2 a year, the problem was the pulley from the motor to the deck was not in line, had a machine shop cut the shaft off the pulley and add about 1 1/4 in to the heighth of it . Works like a charm.:thumbsup:
Good work :thumbsup: Glad it worked out for you.
I watched some video of super surfers cutting grass and I know it wasn't much to go on but it put me off the idea of buying this one even tho it was cheap. The mower was leaving a line of clumped grass even tho the grass it was cutting was 3" and very dry. The mower may have had old grass caked up under the deck or some other operator error problem but the video was all I had to go by so I passed on the deal.