Repairs Featherlight weedeater need carb help

renegade2

Forum Newbie
Threads
My brother has a weedeater featherlight that has sat for several years. I tore down the carb and cleaned it. The carb is a Zama c1u-w7. I cheaped out and bought just the gasket kit, the carb only has one welch plug and I was hoping not to have to pop it. No such luck, it was gummed up under the plug. I thought I'd be able to just go down to my local shop and pick up a welch plug, natch! I do not want to turn around and order the full kit now (about $15.00) just to get this plug. It's a little thing, my calipers measure the hole at .277 but I suspect it's actually a .275 plug. Does anyone know where I can get one of these? I can get a new carb for about $25.00 so I really don't want to spend $15.00 on a kit. Can anyone help?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just go get the complete new carb. Even after replacing the welch plugs and the kit, there is a chance that you will stick a check valve, and then still have to replace the carb.

ingigo

Threads
I have a featherlite plus...same thing really. I agree to purchase the whole carb.

I took the entire engine apart and no one would believe it would work.
The main gasket to the crankcase was melted and other gaskets were just brittle. I had previously bought a carb repair kit...mostly for the primer bulb. I replaced
the air filter spark plug fuel line and all that. The engine worked better with less misfires, so I think the exhaust needs to cleaned, because air intake is ok. The only thing I replaced was the carb parts, which are very small hard to move into place. THE THING STARTS EASY BUT MISFIRES, DELAYED THROTTLE RESPONE, AND I CANNOT KEEP A SOLID RPM. CHOKING IT SLIGHTLY HELPS.
What could this be? The carb?