Teflon Spray

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I've seen these things come and go, I wouldn't waste my money. Just my opinion.

Mike88se

Threads
My opinion too. I did try that or a product just like it. Sprayed under my old Toro Timemaster deck after priming and prepping the metal. Did not work for chit.
One special paint I have used that is useful in some ways is graphite inpregnated paint. I didn't try it on the deck though.

cruzenmike

Threads
My opinion too. I did try that or a product just like it. Sprayed under my old Toro Timemaster deck after priming and prepping the metal. Did not work for chit.
One special paint I have used that is useful in some ways is graphite inpregnated paint. I didn't try it on the deck though.

I purchased some dry graphite spray that I was going to try but in a discussion with a co-worker, he mentioned that he simply waxed his deck with some type of automotive wax. This would seem to help especially if the wax layer was thick but uniform and on a brand new deck. My deck has 7 years of use on it, so a wire brush, maybe a coat of epoxy spray paint and hopefully the clippings just slide on out with getting hung up, stuck or snagged.

BWH

Threads
I tried a paint from Tractor Supply called slip-coat 20 years ago under my deck, it was meant for the floor of a farm wagon to make the grain slid easier. I believe it was a graphite paint also but in the end it really didn't make much difference at all.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I tried a paint from Tractor Supply called slip-coat 20 years ago under my deck, it was meant for the floor of a farm wagon to make the grain slid easier. I believe it was a graphite paint also but in the end it really didn't make much difference at all.

Has anybody tried the rubberized roof coating on the underside of the the mower/ mower deck ..?? it used to be available in gallon cans @ Home Depot, of course the deck would have to be really cleaned before it's application
but I have pressure cleaned a few roofs with mildew & MOLD and most of it washed right off from the coating of the product... HMMMmmmmm...?????

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I tried truck bed liner on the underside of my deck. I put 3 good coats on a brand new deck. Followed all directions. It was very nice when I got done. I let it cure for a week before using the mower. After first mow not one stick of grass was stuck to the underside of the deck but the coating was gone too.

TonyPrin

Threads
In my experience lawnmowers and snow blowers are different animals when it comes to sticking. For snow blowers snow/ice accumulating within the impeller housing and the chute can substantially impact performance. A variety of techniques are used to reduce sticking including spray lubricants and waxing, all of which have their place.

For mowers, negative performance issues are rarely a major concern when it comes to grass sticking; it's more an issue of cleaning and maintenance. If you have a metal deck, periodic spraying could be a benefit. If your deck is plastic (like my Honda), there's no advantage to treatment.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
In my experience lawnmowers and snow blowers are different animals when it comes to sticking. For snow blowers snow/ice accumulating within the impeller housing and the chute can substantially impact performance. A variety of techniques are used to reduce sticking including spray lubricants and waxing, all of which have their place.

For mowers, negative performance issues are rarely a major concern when it comes to grass sticking; it's more an issue of cleaning and maintenance. If you have a metal deck, periodic spraying could be a benefit. If your deck is plastic (like my Honda), there's no advantage to treatment.

WOW ...First I ever heard of a PLASTIC deck !! ............must be some HELLACIOUS stuff !!

TonyPrin

Threads