Teflon Spray

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
My using the word plastic probably does the mower an injustice - although I think it's correct. My Honda HRX deck comes with something called NeXite, a polymer with a lifetime warranty. Here's some more info:

http://powerequipment.honda.com/lawn-mowers/nexite-mowing-deck

Thanks for the up-date on the NeXite ........ interesting , just wonder how it will hold up to vibration .... and loose components
wallowing out hole diameters.. might be OK for a walk behind but I'd be leary of using it on a rider frame . Boobala

Luster

Forum Newbie
Threads
My using the word plastic probably does the mower an injustice - although I think it's correct. My Honda HRX deck comes with something called NeXite, a polymer with a lifetime warranty. Here's some more info:

http://powerequipment.honda.com/lawn-mowers/nexite-mowing-deck

I also have the Honda HRX with the Nexite deck. It's some pretty amazing stuff. No matter how wet the grass is, nothing seems to stick to that deck! Just a quick rinse and it's almost as clean as day 1.

I wish my JD Zero Turn had a Nexite Deck!!!

loneryder

Threads
I've used it and it works for about a month. These days I clean the underside and spray silicone or PB Blaster on it and it works the same. Don't think it is practical for commercial use but works well for homeowners.

Zak88lx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think with any of these sprays, you need to keep applying them for the affect to continue.
Not a one-time application miracle.

I have always wondered if a carnauba car wax would help with grass clippings, or that Rain-X windshield treatment.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lots of walk behind mowers have plastic decks.
And most of them are rubbish
The only ones that seem up to scratch are the plastic decked hovering flymows
Every other one ends up brittle or ripped out where the engine bolts in

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As for painting the underside of a ride on deck, POR 15 chassis coat is the only stuff to use.
Once cured, bullets bounce off it

Shalmaneser

Forum Newbie
Threads
As for painting the underside of a ride on deck, POR 15 chassis coat is the only stuff to use.
Once cured, bullets bounce off it

Bullets, eh? Fortunately that's not a problem in my neighborhood. Might try that to protect windshield from rocks. :rolleyes:

I'm seeing a bunch of different things marketed as POR 15. Anything from "chassis coat paint" to "top coat" Is there a Real McCoy?

That said, how about grass? Does it simply not stick or does the POR 15 make for better release when spraying? I experimented with cooking sprays on my snow thrower. I'm going to try the POR 15 on my newly purchased ancient Woods mower and a trailer I picked up. Top is immaculate, but the axles need a coat of something.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bullets, eh? Fortunately that's not a problem in my neighborhood. Might try that to protect windshield from rocks. :rolleyes:

I'm seeing a bunch of different things marketed as POR 15. Anything from "chassis coat paint" to "top coat" Is there a Real McCoy?

That said, how about grass? Does it simply not stick or does the POR 15 make for better release when spraying? I experimented with cooking sprays on my snow thrower. I'm going to try the POR 15 on my newly purchased ancient Woods mower and a trailer I picked up. Top is immaculate, but the axles need a coat of something.

POR 15 Chassis paint is a furane resin that reacts with water.
It does not generate any gas when it reacts and goes hard so there are no micropores for water to penetrate.
It was developed by the US navy ( AFAIK ) for painting ship hull.
Once fully cured on a properly preparred surface it can not be removed by anything short of a grinding disc.
However nothing is perfect and it is not UV stable so has to be top coated if it is exposed to sunlight,

I use about a gallon of it a year for painting old decks.
Once painted that is the last time it will rust.
I used it on the hire cars that live out in the weather and not a spot of rust in 15 years outdoors.

We also paint the insides of steel rainwater tanks and they never rust either.
Since becoming a mower mechanic I use it on mower decks and particularly on push mowers where the height adjuster locates with a pin through a hole in the base.
No more wear of the holes ( the steel distorts & bends but the holes do not enlarge.