Mulching Mulching Kit

Zenmaster

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to forum and eXmark. I have mulching blades on my 06 Front Runner but I am getting covered with debris coming out of the front of the deck and back on me. Is there something I am missing?

Exmark1

Threads
A couple things to consider:

Mulching effectively requires the deck making a 'seal' with the grass. If the grass is sparse, patchy, or just really dry, then when the blades try to disperse the clippings back into the ground it may result in dirt/dust blowout from under the deck.

The only way to truly mulch is to use eXmark mulching blades, with the mulch kit. A lot of times we hear customers using our eXtreme style blade (blade with the 'teeth' on the airfoil), and just covering up the discharge opening. These style blades are still side-discharge blades, so when the discharge opening is covered up, there's no place for the debris to go and it blows out of the front of the deck and onto the operator.

LoCo86

Threads
A couple things to consider: Mulching effectively requires the deck making a 'seal' with the grass. If the grass is sparse, patchy, or just really dry, then when the blades try to disperse the clippings back into the ground it may result in dirt/dust blowout from under the deck. The only way to truly mulch is to use eXmark mulching blades, with the mulch kit. A lot of times we hear customers using our eXtreme style blade (blade with the 'teeth' on the airfoil), and just covering up the discharge opening. These style blades are still side-discharge blades, so when the discharge opening is covered up, there's no place for the debris to go and it blows out of the front of the deck and onto the operator.

Does Exmark make a mulching kit for the Turf Tracer 36" walk behind or do you just mulching blades and a plate to cover the discharge opening?

Exmark1

Threads
LoCo,

Yes, we do have a mulching kit for that machine (and for all of our machines). The mulch kit for a Turf Tracer HP 36 would be MK363Q.

You should be able to get that through any local Exmark Dealer.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Thanks,
Lenny