new belts on Tiger cub 48

Mike88se

Threads
I bought a used Tiger cub a few weeks back. Had a new engine and several other new parts. The drive belt broke in the middle of my biggest yard. Who puts a bunch of new parts on a mower and doesn't replace old belts :confused2:
Anyway I ordered 3 new belts. Two came in today and I had a little daylight left so I installed them. Putting belts on this thing is easier than putting a belt on a lot of 21s I've had.

Mike88se

Threads

Thanks. Downloaded that the other day. Plan to print out the page on adjusting the parking brake and get that sorted out. The deck height adjuster too. Realized today why the deck won't go higher than 4 1/4" and wont go into transport mode... the deck height control rod isn't adjusted properly.
I think the mechanic that maintained and supposedly rebuilt this mower knows less about mowers than a lot of people here,
The belts were cake though. The 1/2" drive holes in the idler arms for a breaker bar makes belt replacements a breeze.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tiger Cubs and Tiger Cats are very easy to replace V belts and drive belt on, and for sure the 1/2" square holes in the tension arms make the job easy.
There are some machines that are not so east to do V belt changes on, an older Hustler 251/260K for example, but after a few belt changes, it was easier once I realized that OEM V belts were the only way to go with the older Hustler.
I use OEM belts and I encourage everyone to do the same, it can save you lots of grief!!!
Mad Mackie in CT