Repairs reverse shutoff fix Craftsman lt 1500 Silver Edition

lawrencehimes

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / reverse shutoff fix Craftsman lt 1500 Silver Edition
My mower would not shut off when I put it in reverse with the blade engaged. I found that the shut off connection had come uncoupled. It was not easy to find because it was under the tractor on the left front side of the rear axle as you view the mower from the behind the rear wheels. It apparently had come unplugged since it does hang down some. After I plugged it in the engine quit if the tractor was placed in reverse while mowing.

gfp55

Threads
My mower would not shut off when I put it in reverse with the blade engaged. I found that the shut off connection had come uncoupled. It was not easy to find because it was under the tractor on the left front side of the rear axle as you view the mower from the behind the rear wheels. It apparently had come unplugged since it does hang down some. After I plugged it in the engine quit if the tractor was placed in reverse while mowing.

I'm not sure what your question is. Maybe you could give more info about your problem so we can help you.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the first time I have heard someone say they want the mower to shutdown when put in reverse

mstar

Threads
Does that mean it is just that easy to disable the shut off that feature? There is just something I can unplug? All my life I never have run over anything or anyone while moving in reverse and the blades are on.

hrdman2luv

Threads
Does that mean it is just that easy to disable the shut off that feature? There is just something I can unplug? All my life I never have run over anything or anyone while moving in reverse and the blades are on.

This is the first time I have heard someone say they want the mower to shutdown when put in reverse

Exactly what I was thinking. Now it's got me thinking.