Hustler Raptor Seat Spring Squeak

JOATMON

Forum Newbie
Threads
Among all the other strange noises my brand new Raptor makes, they seat spring squeak was getting on my nerves. Here's how I fixed it, I went digging in my shop for something to cushion the springs, found that one portion of a extra set of '68 Camaro front core support mounts fit almost perfect on top of the springs. I used weatherstrip adhesive to glue them to the top of the springs. It only added about a 1/4 inch to the rear height of the seat. Quieted them nicely. Now I'm gonna start on the other strange noises it makes. It's a dam shame that a new mower, that cuts so good, has to have so many strange noises coming out of it.

Attachments

• hustler spring cushions 002.jpg
    hustler spring cushions 002.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 53
  • hustler spring cushions 001.jpg
    hustler spring cushions 001.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 51

LeakyGasket

Threads
Sweet. Have to remember that when I get mine next spring. :licking:

shanewoodsman

Threads
Among all the other strange noises my brand new Raptor makes, they seat spring squeak was getting on my nerves. Here's how I fixed it, I went digging in my shop for something to cushion the springs, found that one portion of a extra set of '68 Camaro front core support mounts fit almost perfect on top of the springs. I used weatherstrip adhesive to glue them to the top of the springs. It only added about a 1/4 inch to the rear height of the seat. Quieted them nicely. Now I'm gonna start on the other strange noises it makes. It's a dam shame that a new mower, that cuts so good, has to have so many strange noises coming out of it.

I put some rubber feet (that you buy for furniture legs) over mine, but I cannot remember the size (did that a while ago). I also purchased (from a Hustler dealer - he was a real jerk, and thought I was being a pain when he had to look it up, but he did help me order it) another spring, just like the 2 springs on there, and drilled a 3rd hole, and put the 3rd spring in the middle. If you look at other models, they have 3 on there. I don't know why, but the 3rd spring made a difference on how the seat reacted to the bumps (for the better). It was only about 6 bucks with the metal washer on top of it.

This tip you showed is a good suggestion for other Raptor owners. Of course, the best noise reducer for the Raptor is a good pair of headphones (and music coming out of them)!