Poulan String Trimmer

ep103

Threads
I am working on a Poulan String Trimmer Model PPB100, the guy said it hasn't ran more than 30 minutes, but said he has had it his shed for 3 years. The problem is I can get it to run fairly descent on the bench, but when it is put in the working position, ( motor up, string head on the ground ) it spits and sputters and runs terrible, does anyone have any ideas on this??? Thanks Ed

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most likely rotten/cracked fuel lines and crud in the fuel system...

ep103

Threads
Fuel lines appear to be in good shape and the carb was clean, he said it pretty much acted this way when it was new, why he didn't take it back I don't know, he already had taken it to get it repaired and the guy told him he couldn't fix it, so I don't know what I am in for..

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Perhaps the prone position is acutally a "flood" position allowing some fuel into the engine.

ep103

Threads
What is really weird, is on the bench it runs flawlessly, but as soon as I pick it up, even in the prone position it starts to cut out, and I do not understand this, I am baffled here..

ep103

Threads
Update on this trimmer, this trimmer is the type that you can add different tools on the end by detaching the shaft probably about twenty inches long and attach another tool such as an edger, anyway, when I remove this bottom section that has the string trimmer attachment it runs great, so I now know the issue is in this lower section, now to figure why, cause everything seems to turn freely, has anyone else experienced a problem like this?