Repairs Repair Manual

Eastbx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Trying to rebuild, although may not be worth the headache, a string trimmer model # UT21006A. Can anyone tell me where I can get a Repair/Service manual with specs?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I could not find one anywhere. Must be dealer only. I will be corrected if Im wrong.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Eastbx, My experience is limited to one attempt on a Ryobi which served well for 10 years. I attempted to strip it down to look at the "main" bearing. I found out later it is one of the "half crank" designs which are intended to be thrown away. And the disigners make it very difficult to look at. Ruined the clutch trying. This was a $200 unit and the repair pa rts quickly add up to e.g. $100, so I finally gave up. I do not know if the better units can be rebuilt. The fly magnet had begun to contact the coil which seemed like wobble to me.

Eastbx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Gentlmen,
I've been looking for a manual for awhile now. I've finally contacted customer service and they responded that HomeLite doesn't publish a repair manual...? Wow. They sell parts but no repair manual. I guess I'll have to figure it out.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you Gentlmen,
I've been looking for a manual for awhile now. I've finally contacted customer service and they responded that HomeLite doesn't publish a repair manual...? Wow. They sell parts but no repair manual. I guess I'll have to figure it out.

They want more of your money, let us know how it goes.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you Gentlmen,

They want more of your money, let us know how it goes.

BigNutz

Threads
I'm going through the same thing with one of their MightyLite backpack leaf blowers. I can't even find a full carb rebuild kit, just a couple gaskets. I'm still going to tear into it. Why? Because I want to get some good knowledge and see if I can figure out why it stalls out when I increase throttle. I can get most of the other parts for the actual engine though, so I'm fortunate there. I'm pretty new to this small engine stuff, so it's all still pretty new and interesting for me.