kawasaki fd611v

tx7

Threads
Hi, I have a Kawasaki fd611v that puchs oil into the carb from the breather hose. It does not happen all the time. Just when you stop. The engine runs fine otherwise. I have checked the reed valves and the crankcase vacumm. The vacumm is 3 inches of water. This is in a john deere gx345 so kawasaki will not help on this project and neither will deere.

thanks
Frank

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it possible that there is just too much oil in the engine ?

CajunCub

Threads
I concur Dr. Brown......The incorrect lubrication fluid volume in the crankcase chamber will almost definetly cause an ejaculation into the cavity of the fuel metering system by way of the ventilation duct causing that most inconvenient sympton.:biggrin:

tx7

Threads
No Oil level is not the problem. This will happen when the oil level is at the add mark.

CajunCub

Threads
Ok, then you have a compression ring problem, if by some way the compression ring on the piston cracks or breaks...it will cause the pressure to build in the crankcase. Therefore blowing out the oil in different ways. The dip stick-valve cover-crankshaft oil seals-vent tube to the carb. & sometimes even the crankcase gasket seal. I'd clean the whole mower, refill with oil to the full mark, then run it until it gets hot & look for the exits to confirm it. You could also run a compression test.

Last edited:

tx7

Threads
Hi There,
Here are the tests I have already ran
Crankcase vacuum test= 3.5 inches of water
checked breather discharge hose for blockage
Compression test= 200 psi both cylinders
Leak down test= in green= less than 10% both cylinders
checked breather redd valves= ok
checked breather drain back hole for blockage =ok not blocked
replaced head gaskets= no change

Mr Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a friend with a similar problem, also a John Deere 345 with the FD611V engine. I can't claim to have solved it yet, but I may have some useful info:

When we disconnect the breather tube from the manifold, we see that when the engine first starts up, there is generally no oil coming out of the breather. Then, after a short time running (2 minutes maybe?) oil just pours out of the breather tube. When looking inside the block, in the area where the breather tube enters, there are some partitions or baffles that clearly are meant to keep oil from directly splashing onto the backside of the breather tube. It appears that oil is not draining properly from this baffle area, eventually getting deep enough to pour into the breather tube.

If we go back inside and figure out why it isn't draining, I'll come back and post an update.