gravely zt xl 48

zmister11

Threads
So I have a gravely zt xl 48 that I bought 4 months ago and has about 40 hours so far. So by the end of this year I'm gonna geuss it'll be around 70 hrs total. I want to start saving up for a more commercial mower but my wife thinks otherwise. I know this mower isn't intended for commercial use. So the question is, how long do yall think this mower will last with me doing regular maintenance? 200hrs? Maybe 300 if I'm lucky?

Elendil

Threads
If you do the regular maintainence it should last a lot linger than that. If it only lasted 300 hours, I'd be on the dealer's doorstep mighty quick.

zmister11

Threads
If you do the regular maintainence it should last a lot linger than that. If it only lasted 300 hours, I'd be on the dealer's doorstep mighty quick.

Ok cool lol. Just wasn't sure what the engine was rated or the hydros

zmister11

Threads
Even if I wanted to sell it I can't really get an idea of how much to sell it for. Say I want to sell it at 150 hrs. What do you think would be a good price? I can't find any used zt xls online to base it on. And I don't wanna just give it away ofcourse

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Even if I wanted to sell it I can't really get an idea of how much to sell it for. Say I want to sell it at 150 hrs. What do you think would be a good price? I can't find any used zt xls online to base it on. And I don't wanna just give it away ofcourse

It should last you many years unless you abuse it. If you want to sell it then it just depends on what it looks like. If you have scratched the paint and it looks rough then it will bring less. If you have taken good care of it then start at $1000 less than what you paid and negotiate from there. I wouldn't come off that price much. Now probably wouldn't be the best time to sell though. Why do you think you need another mower though? Are there obstacles in your lawn that your mower can't handle? Or do you have so many acres that it takes you too long? Is your mower still missing grass when mowing or has the dealer fixed the problem?

Last edited:

zmister11

Threads
It should last you many years unless you abuse it. If you want to sell it then it just depends on what it looks like. If you have scratched the paint and it looks rough then it will bring less. If you have taken good care of it then start at $1000 less than what you paid and negotiate from there. I wouldn't come off that price much. Now probably wouldn't be the best time to sell though. Why do you think you need another mower though? Are there obstacles in your lawn that your mower can't handle? Or do you have so many acres that it takes you too long? Is your mower still missing grass when mowing or has the dealer fixed the problem?

They fixed the mower so it doesn't miss grass. But I'm picking up more yards and want something that will cut faster with a better blade tip speed. One of my yards is 2 acres and they don't want it cut but every 2 weeks. And here in Florida the grass is growing quick. I have to drive pretty slow to cut that much grass and it takes a lot of time

Elendil

Threads
They fixed the mower so it doesn't miss grass. But I'm picking up more yards and want something that will cut faster with a better blade tip speed. One of my yards is 2 acres and they don't want it cut but every 2 weeks. And here in Florida the grass is growing quick. I have to drive pretty slow to cut that much grass and it takes a lot of time

If you are going to trade it, quicker is better. Every hours you put on it just lessens its value.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you are going to trade it, quicker is better. Every hours you put on it just lessens its value.

I agree, though you can usually get more money if you sell it. That is if you can unload it quick enough. Trading would probably be the fastest way to upgrade.

zmister11

Threads
I agree, though you can usually get more money if you sell it. That is if you can unload it quick enough. Trading would probably be the fastest way to upgrade.

Yeah i can trade it at my dealer but will only get 2500 for it. And 4 months ago I paid 4300. So I feel like it's not worth it.

Elendil

Threads

True, but don't forget that you save on the taxes because you only pay tax on the trade difference. So a $2500 trade in at a 7% tax rate saves you an additional $175. So that is like really getting almost $2700 on trade.

Truthfully, if I knew that I could get the equivalent mower new for $4300, you would be hard pressed to get me to pay more than $3000 (maybe $3200 at most) for a used unit. This is not an indictment of the OP, but anytime you purchase used equipment, you always have the uncertainty of knowing how it was treated by the previous owner.

Given the issues you have had with this unit, I'd think if you push a bit more that you could get the dealer up a couple of hundred on the trade in. After all, I'm sure the dealer wants a happy customer versus someone who will tell everyone that they are not happy with their unit after only 4 months. If you phrase it in the right way, I'm sure the dealer will get the point.

If you can get the dealer up a couple of hundred plus figuring in the tax savings, you would be close to what you could get for it on an outright sale.