IS4000Z Hopping

ajs1122

Forum Newbie
Threads
I very recently purchased a low hours IS4000Z with a 72" deck. It cuts very well and I'm happy with it outside of the tendency to occasionally start bouncing the front end when I hit a rough patch. This rapidly builds and is accentuated by the operator and the only way to get it to stop is to just let go of the control arms and it will settle right down. I haven't even had a chance to adjust the suspension in any way or even looked at it closely yet. I figured I would ask if anyone has any advice or has experienced this issue in the past. On my previous IS1500Z, I never experienced anything similar. My only thought is that either the suspension is set too soft for my yard or perhaps the dampers are shot. Open to suggestions on what else to look at or consider. Thanks in advance.

-Adam

joe_cooler

Threads
I very recently purchased a low hours IS4000Z with a 72" deck. It cuts very well and I'm happy with it outside of the tendency to occasionally start bouncing the front end when I hit a rough patch. This rapidly builds and is accentuated by the operator and the only way to get it to stop is to just let go of the control arms and it will settle right down. I haven't even had a chance to adjust the suspension in any way or even looked at it closely yet. I figured I would ask if anyone has any advice or has experienced this issue in the past. On my previous IS1500Z, I never experienced anything similar. My only thought is that either the suspension is set too soft for my yard or perhaps the dampers are shot. Open to suggestions on what else to look at or consider. Thanks in advance.

-Adam

The front shocks are likely shot contributing to your issue. Also ensure you upgrade your front wheels to the slant design upgrade. Those two things make a big difference. Also, shocks are $100 a piece and last about 2 seasons at best. I got some coil overs for a scooter in England a couple years ago to replace the wimpy gas shocks and they have been flawless.