Trouble shooting Craftsman dyt4000, 18.5 craftsman 18.5hp

mancrafts185

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Trouble shooting Craftsman dyt4000, 18.5 craftsman 18.5hp
I purchased a used Craftsman dyt 4000 riding mower. It ran great at purchase. After mowing a couple of lawns, the tractor would not start. I discovered no spark. I put on a new coil. Tractor ran fine for a short time. Then it would start, but it wouldn't stay running. I put on a new fuel pump and fuel filter. The engine started and ran fine then started burping and would quit. Do I have bad gas, fuel line blockage from tank to filter? Or, what? I did notice that the fuel filter does not fill up, and remains half empty?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Man, The forum people may expect you to search on the basics here . Lots of material to help you.

briggs

Threads
I purchased a used Craftsman dyt 4000 riding mower. It ran great at purchase. After mowing a couple of lawns, the tractor would not start. I discovered no spark. I put on a new coil. Tractor ran fine for a short time. Then it would start, but it wouldn't stay running. I put on a new fuel pump and fuel filter. The engine started and ran fine then started burping and would quit. Do I have bad gas, fuel line blockage from tank to filter? Or, what? I did notice that the fuel filter does not fill up, and remains half empty?

i would clean the carb and flush the fuel sys and put fresh high test in it and try it