Cub 1525,electric clutch shutting off

coalminerwv

Forum Newbie
Threads
It was shutting down and I could wait a short time and it would start back up.Now it runs and shuts off in about 20 or 30 seconds?But I can reset the switch and it restarts.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to LMF...
Check your voltage at the clutch coil AND check that you have a good ground... :smile:KennyV

coalminerwv

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to LMF...
Check your voltage at the clutch coil AND check that you have a good ground... :smile:KennyV
Voltage drops out coming to clutch,reset the switch and it startes again,voltage drops again and blades quit?Where can I find a diagram for this circuit?Also why does it (clutch) run with deck off?There are no problems with the deck.All tight and smooth,no bearing slack and pullys all free and smooth.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Voltage drops out coming to clutch,reset the switch and it startes again,voltage drops again and blades quit?Where can I find a diagram for this circuit?Also why does it (clutch) run with deck off?There are no problems with the deck.All tight and smooth,no bearing slack and pullys all free and smooth.

You can find the wiring diagram here.. Parts and Diagrams for Cub Cadet 1525
but you really do not have much wiring to wring out... typically voltage drops are in bad connections either at or in switches... check for heat damage or corrosion, and check all grounds... The PTO switch itself is a good spot to check for internal resistance, that will cause heat and that will increase the voltage drop.

The clutch with no load on it (deck drive belt removed from clutch) the whole assembly will usually spin, that is not a problem... :smile:KennyV

coalminerwv

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can find the wiring diagram here.. Parts and Diagrams for Cub Cadet 1525
but you really do not have much wiring to wring out... typically voltage drops are in bad connections either at or in switches... check for heat damage or corrosion, and check all grounds... The PTO switch itself is a good spot to check for internal resistance, that will cause heat and that will increase the voltage drop.

The clutch with no load on it (deck drive belt removed from clutch) the whole assembly will usually spin, that is not a problem... :smile:KennyV
I have that info,I still have all the papers that came with it.I wanted a schmeiatic(sp).But I assume both safety switches are in series with the clutch wiring.Any way I had the deck off checking it out,so I greased the spindles while I had it off.After I put it back on the clutch ran lioke it should.The spindles were free but I guess when you put the belt and deck back on it loaded them up more.I don't know if it is ok yet?It has rained all day.LOL.Thanks for your input and time.I will post later after I put it to work.Is the reverse switch normally open?I haven't located it yet to check it out.Thanks again....

Mitch

coalminerwv

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have that info,I still have all the papers that came with it.I wanted a schmeiatic(sp).But I assume both safety switches are in series with the clutch wiring.Any way I had the deck off checking it out,so I greased the spindles while I had it off.After I put it back on the clutch ran lioke it should.The spindles were free but I guess when you put the belt and deck back on it loaded them up more.I don't know if it is ok yet?It has rained all day.LOL.Thanks for your input and time.I will post later after I put it to work.Is the reverse switch normally open?I haven't located it yet to check it out.Thanks again....

Mitch

Well I almost got yard mowed and it started it again,so I jumped from the connecter for the PTO to the negative side of battery.It stopped cutting off. Thanks MITCH

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I almost got yard mowed and it started it again,so I jumped from the connecter for the PTO to the negative side of battery.It stopped cutting off. Thanks MITCH

Good that your up & mowing...bad grounds are a BIG problem... hard on clutches and makes for iffy charging ... :smile:KennyV