Weed-eaters

ReggieDeere

Threads
What kind of weed-eater do you use? Or what's the best weed eater in your opinion? I need some ideas because my previous one has bought the farm. :frown:

rekees

Threads
Can't go wrong with Stihl. I have a John Deere that has been trouble free for years. Only thing I don't like about it is the nylon shoulder strap that cuts into the side of my neck. So whatever brand you decide on be sure to get a padded shoulder strap.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Another vote for Stihl. I beat one to what I figured was death for about 10 years and it still ran strong.

Berniep

Threads
My vote is for echo. Mine has been put through the wringer. I out a circular saw blade on it and use it for clearing saplings and heavy briars. Works great, cuts them right down to the ground. Any string trimming that it sees is usuall very overgrown stuff inthe woods or fence rows. I have been very happy with it. I have just kept the shaft lubed and replaced the air filter and that's about it.

bmwe0692

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have heard that a herd of goats will be the the best EATER of grass!!

My wifes choice is a Black and Decker battery operated WEED TRIMMER, 18.5 volt home owner style.

I also have two extra batteries for it, they interchange with my 3/8 b&d drill.

T.J.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Echo... gas power:smile:. The best I have ever came across....KennyV

jimbo64

Threads
What kind of weed-eater do you use? Or what's the best weed eater in your opinion? I need some ideas because my previous one has bought the farm. :frown:

had a stihl for 22 years=now have a new hUSKVARNA straight shaft---much lighter-really like so far:thumbsup:

Mr. Paul

Threads
Redmax had a Stihl and just did not like it. I also like the commercial aspect of the Redmax. It should last me a very long time.