Blades just stopped in middle of mowing

GMeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
As I was mowing trying to beat the rain yesterday my blades just stopped. Nothing else just the blades. Anyone know of a safety switch anywhere that would not let the blades run?

MRCo.

Threads
Electric PTO? Might be the switch, fuse, clutch went out or safety switch. Pull the PTO switch first and see if it's burned. I just had a scag came thru with the burned out switch. Turns out the clutch is pulling 5 times usual amount of power, burning the switch out.

GMeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had another switch and changed it, no go. Chased down the wires again and found one of the wires that connects directly to the clutch that was damaged when the hydro belt broke last week. To repair it I will have to pull it and I'm trying to figure that out now. Thanks.

MRCo.

Threads
If its part if the harness that will be fun... Maybe easier to splice a piece in with it in position.

GMeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
It actually broke at the top of the clutch. I can't see if I can repair it until I get it off. Looks like a poor engineering job, there's no protection from a broken/shredded belt, which I had happen last week.

I'm looking for some kind of diagram/cutout of how it goes together so I can get it apart...