CMM 1200 - should I replace circuit breaker again

randa021

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / CMM 1200 - should I replace circuit breaker again
I have a CMM 1200 that started stalling out frequently. It would restart after a 1-2 minute waiting period but might stall again in 1 minute or in 5. After reading forums I decided that the problem as likely the circuit breaker. I ordered a new one from 1800ToolRepair. After installing the problem resolved for approximately 2 months and now is back. My questions are as follows:
1. Did I get a bad part or is there something wrong with my mower that could be damaging the circuit breaker?
2. Is is worth replacing it again and if so should I risk the same supplier or try a different one?
3. How bad would it be to bypass the circuit breaker altogether?

Thanks for any advice or input!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a CMM 1200 that started stalling out frequently. It would restart after a 1-2 minute waiting period but might stall again in 1 minute or in 5. After reading forums I decided that the problem as likely the circuit breaker. I ordered a new one from 1800ToolRepair. After installing the problem resolved for approximately 2 months and now is back. My questions are as follows:
1. Did I get a bad part or is there something wrong with my mower that could be damaging the circuit breaker?
2. Is is worth replacing it again and if so should I risk the same supplier or try a different one?
3. How bad would it be to bypass the circuit breaker altogether?

Thanks for any advice or input!

1. It could be either. The reason a circuit breaker brakes is to much amperage draw. I would think the problem is the brushes need replacing. Black Decker MM875 MM1800 Mower 4 Pack Repl Shunt Brush 242273 00 4pk | eBay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgA_mSS8tk4
2. No real answer for that question.
3. Very. The breaker stops everything from burning up

randa021

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the advice. One of the brushes looks small so I will replace that one. Mower runs fine if I bypass the circuit breaker (temporarily) so I am still not convinced that I did not just get a bad replacement circuit breaker.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess I did not make my self clear. bushes going bad can cause the breaker to pop all the time. I would check the brushes first then replace breaker if this does not fix the breaker. Could have failed again.