Pics

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
40$ is way too cheap for that kind of job. I am still surprised your mower pulled out of there in 20 minutes.

We have done so many yards like this that we have learned how to do them fast.

It is actually fun.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have done so many yards like this that we have learned how to do them fast.

It is actually fun.

I guess after a while you learn. You've stated in the past how to do it -tighter belts, raised deck, etc.

It is worth the 125$ tho. There are much more chances of destroying your mower (blades, deck, motor, etc.).

Lawn Addict
Threads
Carscw- I give you credit man, :thumbsup: from looking at your pics, I think it would have made me nervous even on my previous GT.

Now, back when I was into excavating, that would be nothing for me to run a backhoe over it digging my way down.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess after a while you learn. You've stated in the past how to do it -tighter belts, raised deck, etc. It is worth the 125$ tho. There are much more chances of destroying your mower (blades, deck, motor, etc.).

It is worth it when you can do a couple a day.

Only thing I really tear up is spindle bearings from the belt being tight.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carscw- I give you credit man, :thumbsup: from looking at your pics, I think it would have made me nervous even on my previous GT. Now, back when I was into excavating, that would be nothing for me to run a backhoe over it digging my way down.

Being nervous is good. Keeps us from getting over confident and getting hurt.

What scares me is when the mower starts to smoke from oil getting in the carb. That's when you know the hill is to much of a incline.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is worth it when you can do a couple a day.

Only thing I really tear up is spindle bearings from the belt being tight.

Of cours it is! I don't know many landscapers who do 125$ in one hour. Neither people with really good jobs (accountants can do 100$/hour)

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Being nervous is good. Keeps us from getting over confident and getting hurt.

What scares me is when the mower starts to smoke from oil getting in the carb. That's when you know the hill is to much of a incline.

That's when you use your two-cycle Lawn-Boy. :cool:

robinb66

Threads
nice like the one with the d series motor in the top left corner of the pic!!

bt3

Threads
Pulled up to bid this job and this is what I saw. The busted up husqvarna was the first guy to try and cut this yard for $40 He made one pass and flipped it down the hill. He landed in the road the mower landed right side up. He got 18 stitches in his leg and a couple broke ribs. We cut it with a 48 inch toro ztr and the new hustler 54 inch took us 20 mins I charged her $125 after she told me 4 others already looked and said they could not do it. View attachment 23399

Yikes.

Looks like a Wheat Field. Think of all the free over-seed she got.

Reminds me of when I was a young teen and we'd go to our cottage for a few weeks in the summer. The "lawn" if you could call it that was 3 to 4 feet high. Mostly weeds but some grass. My father would give me a hand whip to cut it down to size. That would take me about 4 hours. Then I'd take a standard lawnmower with large rear wheels and tip it up and mow the entire lawn down to about 4 or 5 inches, and then do a normal cut after that, raking the huge amount of mulch into a mulch pile. Enormous amount of work. Took all day to do by hand.

Those pics brought back memories. Thanks for the post.