Capabilities of Toro Zero Turns???

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What kind of oil does each brand use?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
The MX 6000 has a Commercial-grade 24 hp Kawasaki for heavy-duty residential use It's BTS is Rated at 18000, it also has the ZT 3100 drives that are designed for commercial applications, it's also has a 1.5x 3 tubular frame which larger and is heavier than your snapper 125 so yes I would suggest it over the Snapper. I did not however suggest he buy the MX 6000 I said if that's what he wanted to buy have at it, It's a good mower and would probably last him a good while. I suggested he buy the Z master 2000 for the price difference I thought and do think it's a better buy than the MX 6000 or any of the B&S Snapper Mowers.

If you want proof of low end, low quality How about this a B&S crank torn up by a blade adapter shear pin.

View attachment 23277

We aren't talking about b&s engines on push mowers. We are talking about commercial zero turn mowers made by companies that happen to be owned by b&s. These companies also have the exact same drive train options as every other commercial brand on the market. A tube that is one inch longer doesn't make it sturdier. As I said before have you ever seen the frame break on any commercial zero turn? Mx 6000 fr series Kawi 3100 hydros. S125xt fs series Kawi zt3400 hydros and $100 less expensive. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which has the better options.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I'm not mad just don't understand why people are so brand loyal and preach about how much better their mowers are than the others without even ever using the other brands. I don't have a problem with scag. Good mowers, but I don't believe there is a commercial scag with a 60" deck offered in the price range the op is looking for.

if you put another $2500 with your highest range you can get close. the deal is you get what you pay for. you can argue seat belts tube size and lap bars all day but at the end of the day all the stickers that say commercial and other propaganda in the world won't make it a better mower. producing results day after in harsh conditions is what makes it. I've been paying attention around central Indiana and haven't seen a competitive business using the brands those 2 are arguing. personally I would get a heavy duty ztr that fits your budget to mow 11 acres of my private property. at least 60" deck though.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
if you put another $2500 with your highest range you can get close. the deal is you get what you pay for. you can argue seat belts tube size and lap bars all day but at the end of the day all the stickers that say commercial and other propaganda in the world won't make it a better mower. producing results day after in harsh conditions is what makes it. I've been paying attention around central Indiana and haven't seen a competitive business using the brands those 2 are arguing. personally I would get a heavy duty ztr that fits your budget to mow 11 acres of my private property. at least 60" deck though.

There are companies around here that use all the brands I mentioned except the country clipper. My point is that all the talk about one brand being better than another is ridiculous.they all offer similar components. Very few differences except for different features, paint, and dealer support. What is offered on a comparable scag that is going to make it last longer than the mowers mentioned? I noticed years ago that they are all similar. Same main parts and a welded (or stamped in jd mowers case) decks. All made heavier than a residential mower and designed to last much longer.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We aren't talking about b&s engines on push mowers. We are talking about commercial zero turn mowers made by companies that happen to be owned by b&s. These companies also have the exact same drive train options as every other commercial brand on the market. A tube that is one inch longer doesn't make it sturdier. As I said before have you ever seen the frame break on any commercial zero turn? Mx 6000 fr series Kawi 3100 hydros. S125xt fs series Kawi zt3400 hydros and $100 less expensive. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which has the better options.

The point with the photo was to show the quality of what B&S puts on the market, it doesn't matter if it's a push mower or a commercial mower the quality is the same. I agree a tube that is one inch longer wouldn't make it sturdier if we were talking about length but were not and the 3" tube is stronger. The Z Master Has the FX engine and 3400 drives and it's clearly a better built mower than either of the other two and is worth the extra money IMO.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
What kind of oil does each brand use?

I see what you did there lol.

Brand loyal because its what works best for them and what they have good luck with. Some is very b&s loyal some treat them lil Walmart.

I have used scag, exmark, toro, bob-cats, craftsman, Honda, and many mtd.

I am very loyal to toro and exmark because they have been my favorite scag is close second

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
The point with the photo was to show the quality of what B&S puts on the market, it doesn't matter if it's a push mower or a commercial mower the quality is the same. I agree a tube that is one inch longer wouldn't make it sturdier if we were talking about length but were not and the 3" tube is stronger. The Z Master Has the FX engine and 3400 drives and it's clearly a better built mower than either of the other two and is worth the extra money IMO.

I agree that the fx engine is a better option, but the zt 3400 hydros are the same ones as on the s125xt. The s150xt offers a fx series engine and zt5400 hydros at a lower price than the z master 2000. What is your point? You have not answered my questions from earlier posts. How can you comment about equipment you have not used? How is it cheaper made if it has the same parts as other brands? Your logic makes no sense. Up until a couple of years ago b&s had a factory in Newbern Tennessee which is about 20 miles from where I live. They made engines and small implements. I wouldn't buy any of them, but I never saw one snapper pro or ferris roll out of that factory. B&s owns the companies, they don't build the mowers at b&s factories. I won't argue with you about b&s engines. I don't like them either, except for the vanguard, but that has nothing to do with snapper pro or ferris.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see what you did there lol.

Brand loyal because its what works best for them and what they have good luck with. Some is very b&s loyal some treat them lil Walmart.

I have used scag, exmark, toro, bob-cats, craftsman, Honda, and many mtd.

I am very loyal to toro and exmark because they have been my favorite scag is close second

That is great. There are more reasons to be loyal than just saying the mower is made better. That is ridiculous. Being brand loyal is fine if you have a great dealer in your area, but implying that a mower is cheaper made because the company is owned by another company makes no sense. All of the main power components are made by the same companies. If you look at every thread on this site where someone has a problem with any commercial mower it is usually an engine problem, or a hydro problem. So how does that make any better than the next? Every commercial mower I have ever sat on ran and cut great.