Capabilities of Toro Zero Turns???

jmrubicon

Threads
For around $7800 dealer told me he could do the 2000 series Z master with 60" cut. Do you have an idea of how long it would take to mow 11 acres or I guess 7 acres weekly. As I said I would like to mow 3 of it each week and 4 more acres every other week. The 4 doesn't have to be cut short, I just want to keep it manageable.

jmrubicon

Threads
I think he will do better than $7800 but didn't want to go too low until he sees my trade in. I have two Toro dealers fairly close so I can kinda play them against each other lol

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
For around $7800 dealer told me he could do the 2000 series Z master with 60" cut. Do you have an idea of how long it would take to mow 11 acres or I guess 7 acres weekly. As I said I would like to mow 3 of it each week and 4 more acres every other week. The 4 doesn't have to be cut short, I just want to keep it manageable.

A lot would depend on the terrain and the operator and how fast he runs the machine but realistically I think you would be looking somewhere around 3 to 3 and a half acres per hour with a 60" cutting deck. If you used a 48" about 2 maybe 2 and a half acres per hour.

jmrubicon

Threads
That's really not too bad. It is taking me 2 hrs to mow the 3 acres now with my lawn tractor. The terrain is flat with just a slight roll but is probably going to be pretty bumpy for at least the first season. Do you think letting the grass grow up for 2 weeks between cuttings on the other 8 acres would put too much strain on the mower?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's really not too bad. It is taking me 2 hrs to mow the 3 acres now with my lawn tractor. The terrain is flat with just a slight roll but is probably going to be pretty bumpy for at least the first season. Do you think letting the grass grow up for 2 weeks between cuttings on the other 8 acres would put too much strain on the mower?

If you get a commercial mower you cant strain the mower lol

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

The problem with letting the grass grow for two weeks, it's like me doing bi-weekly lawn cuts. It takes twice as long to cut and uses more gas so I can't or don't make any money. I would think it would be a losing proposition for you also considering your trying to save time as well as gas money and I would also think it would be worse on the mower.

vaskeet

Threads
for toro and exmark if you have horses check into the equine savings program 26% off msrp

jmrubicon

Threads
So I totally get that a commercial is much better built. But the MX 6000 has an MSRP of $5999. I would think it could mow 3.5 acres an hour??? So I would want to mow prob 3 hrs a week with this mower. Surely a 6k mower should handle 3 hrs a week?? Like I said I understand a commercial for someone mowing 5-6 hrs every day but thats not what I am gonna be doing. For the $7500 price tag of an entry mower I think I would be better off with a tractor and a finish mower. I am not trying to dispute all that you guys are saying but whst would someone be getting for spending 6k on one of these things.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I can tell you that you're probably cutting tall fescue maybe blue grass with a nice mixture of white clover. you'll hate that toro the first time you're trying to cut 10-12" s of grass. plus its a mass produced model. I'd buy a 60" silver eagle Dixie chopper, maybe a ferris if you're looking for comfort, but 3 acres an hour maybe if its perfect conditions.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can tell you that you're probably cutting tall fescue maybe blue grass with a nice mixture of white clover. you'll hate that toro the first time you're trying to cut 10-12" s of grass. plus its a mass produced model. I'd buy a 60" silver eagle Dixie chopper, maybe a ferris if you're looking for comfort, but 3 acres an hour maybe if its perfect conditions.

The Silver Eagle would be nice but the problem is he will end up over 10K for the mower. There online pricing is based on there 2744 with payments at 165.58 monthly for 60 months without Taxes, doc fees, finance charges @3.99% and other crap not included. As Ferris goes I wouldn't touch anything the B&S has to do with.

As far as acreage per hour, it's based on the size of the deck, Bts and how many Fpm it's capable of mowing. If you use a Landscape calculator a 60" deck at 6 mph can mow 142.560.00 ft per hour or 3.27 acres per hour.

What an individual can actually cut per hour would depend on the terrain and the operator and other factors like I said before.