Ford 1910 pto shaft

Raw Dodge

Threads
I have a mid 80s Ford 1910 4x4. We use it on our family run small golf course .We have had this old workhorse close to 30 yrs.. About 2 years ago the PTO shaft fell right out,while we were blowing leaves in the fall. At the small end of the PTO shaft there is a small needle bearing. This bearing failed, causing the shaft to wobble and the outer clip to fail because it was now taking all the torsional loads it was never designed for. A close inspection of the PTO shaft showed that the PTO shaft is pretty heavily worn where it rides in that needle bearing. My dealer had all of the bearings and clips I needed however they said that PTO shaft is no longer available. So I threw it together with a new bearing and hoped for the best.. II got about a year and a half out of it. I was hoping a member here might know a dealer that has one laying on the shelf still. If not it looks like I'll be replacing that bearing every year or 2. We put about a hundred-200 hours on it during leave season which is just starting up this week. It just broke now with the brush hog on it.. If anyone knows where I can get a PTO shaft for this machine please let me know so I can arrange payment and shipping thank you very much.

Raw Dodge

Threads
That's not a pto output shaft, thanks though. I ended up finding one used today for 95.00...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Im glad you found one.

Raw Dodge

Threads
It's working great now all fixed up, and now the clutches is slipping. ..it's always something on a 30 yr old tractor! I have some pics to show how bad it was...

ForumRunner_20140920_204334.png

ForumRunner_20140920_204404.png

ForumRunner_20140920_204444.png

ForumRunner_20140920_204458.png

Raw Dodge

Threads
It wasn't easy getting the inner needle bearing out, took a while with several different pullers working thru that hole and then 10 minutes with a magnet fishing out metal cage parts from the sump...all is well now, all new bearings, retaining clips and seal.