Kohler XT-7 engine starting problem

alan korb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying to get my son's engine to start. Of course he didn't use STA-BIL over the winter season! The engine will start and run for a few seconds when sprayed with starting fluid. This is what I have done so far: I dumped the old gasoline. I removed the fuel bowl and cleaned out the gummy residue. I blew out the lines from the tank to the carb. I am now able to get gas spraying into the carb when hitting the prime bulb. The air filter looks okay. Not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are a few threads about cleaning out the Jets and fuel system when stored with this crummy fuel they call gas now days ! Do a search for Carb or float or jet - you'll find the threads. Good Luck !

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The engine will start and run for a few seconds when sprayed with starting fluid.

I am now able to get gas spraying into the carb when hitting the prime bulb. T

Since it starts & runs on ether... If you start it on ether and then using the primer bulb will it keep running?? :smile:KennyV

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!