Kohler engine surging

canu49

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a one year old Husqvarna 24 hp with a Kohler V twing SV725 engine. About a month ago it started surging. I drained the gas and cleaned the carb but no help. So I replaced the carb. Ran great for about two weeks, now it's surging again. I'm running 93 octane, ethanol free gas. I'm at wit's end. Kohler refuses to honor warranty on anything that may be remotely fuel related. They said that any other defect would have shown up before now. I could really use some help on this one.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You fixed it before and it was a dirty carb. This time just clean the carb. Then find a gas station with out ethanol in it 93 octane.

canu49

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am using 93 octane, ethanol free and have been since draining the tank and replacing the carb. So why is it surging again?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
93 octane does not mean clean gas. Also the outside of the carb and governor gets missed. You need to clean everything inside and out with carb cleaner and compressed air if you have it. Tiny holes get dirt i them in the carb. Since its reoccurring after carb replacement I would suspect dirty gas.

canu49

Forum Newbie
Threads
On a brand new carb I would think it'd take longer than two weeks to gum up the linkages. Folks around me using the same gas from same pump with no problems. I just wonder if there's a problem with that particular carb. It doesn't match the one in the Kohler service manual. I may post some pics to see if anyone is familiar with it.

Megalosdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
On a brand new carb I would think it'd take longer than two weeks to gum up the linkages. Folks around me using the same gas from same pump with no problems. I just wonder if there's a problem with that particular carb. It doesn't match the one in the Kohler service manual. I may post some pics to see if anyone is familiar with it.

Did you ever figure it out? I've the same issue.