troy-Bilt lawn mower "problem"

jteuban

Threads
Hello, I have a T BIlt lawn mower that the carb is leaking on. It has one of those stupid like O sensor type deals on the bottom of the bowl. Does any one know how to take these off, or do you have to have some "special tool" to take it off. It has a 20 HP Kohler engine on it any ideas on how to get it off by myself. I would mess around with it but I do not want to mess it up. Cheers

jteuban

Threads
Well I do not have a pic or the mower at my house at the moment but you can see a pic if you go to a popular search engine and type carb of 20 hp Kohler
It will be the piece at the bottom w. the red wire coming from it.

CajunCub

Threads
That is a fuel shut-off solenoid, usually 2 phillips screws hold it to the bottom bowl. First clamp the fuel line, then remove single wire going to it, then the 2 screws...have any more info on the gas coming out? Like does it start? Is the battery weak? Does it leak after sitting a while? ect.....

jteuban

Threads
Thanks helped me a lot, no it starts and runs fine but the carb bowl has a steady drip of gas coming from it. I just need to clean out the bowl along w. needle and seat and i will be ready to mow again. I would start to mow and 1 hr later "no gas." I really noticed it when the next time I went to start it gas shot out of the muffler.
Yeah thank you for the info, I have been working on small engines for a few years now well like 10 but I have never had a tractor w. this style of carb. Just old flat heads and weedeaters and such.

CajunCub

Threads
You may just have some moister on the needle seat. There is a little o-ring on that solenoid, may need to change it. Auto parts store may have one that will work. If you got fuel coming out the muffler, I'd take that carb off and give it a real good cleaning. No new parts are necessary, just don't use carb. cleaner, it will distort the bowl seat o-ring. Use throttle body cleaner instead. It works just as good.

Threads
fuel coming out of the muffler usally indicates the needle and seat are not working , the float may need adjusting or a new needle and seat might work, dammm gravity!:cool: