Belt maintanace

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I understand what you mean about having to mow in the rain. We have had an unusually wet summer this year. Have you ever mowed in a storm? When the wind is blowing the rain sideways. I assume you stop once you see lightning. The last thing I would want to be doing in a lightning storm is pushing a few hundred pounds of steel around a lawn.:smile:

Last year I was doing HUD homes.
They do not care about the weather.

I have cut yards when it was snowing.
Just flurries not sticking. But made for some good pics.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
belt dressing? That is about like treating a cancer patient with narcotics. They might seem happy, but you create a sick junky, always in need of a fix and likely to die sooner...
Only use belt dressing on belts you're planning to replace anyway, and make sure you clean the dressing off the pulleys before putting on the new belt.
Its better to spend money on quality kevlar belts than cans of dressing in my opinion.
I check and adjust belts twice a season, and run them 'till they fall apart. I've been waiting for one of my drive belts to let go all season, but the kevlar is holding strong :laughing:

Yeah, belt dressing is quite silly.....

Mike88se

Threads
If it works for someone I'm not going to argue that. Belt manufacturers recommend against using dressing. I don't see how the useful life of rubber can be extended whether it's a drive belt or a tire.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it works for someone I'm not going to argue that. Belt manufacturers recommend against using dressing. I don't see how the useful life of rubber can be extended whether it's a drive belt or a tire.

The belt last longer because it does not dry rot and slips less.