My new (to me ) RER snapper

Threads
Thanks for all the feedback.

The new gator is installed and I ran it with the chute unobstructed but even if the clippings are smaller it still throws them quite a distance.

I tried blocking the discharge and as stated above it just clumps. I agree that this mower was never designed to mulch, but if I want to keep it I have to solve that problem.

I have a piece of heavy metal that i have radiused to about 15" and i plan to enclose the chute so there is no room for the clippings to accumulate and clump. this should make it like a mulching deck.
My other concern is the bar that deflects the grass towards the discharge chute. Will I have to cut the bar away so the underdeck is totally unobstructed?

Has anyone successfully made any modifications that resulted in making this a mulching mower?

My lawn is really too small for a rider and in some places the clippings either end up in the street or on the sidewalk/driveway if i can't contain them.
Here is the radiused baffle installed and it is a 70 percent improvement. there is some leakage but little or no clumping.

There is about a 1/4" gap at the top and it is amazing how much of the clippings escapes. that eill ha

the jury is still out as to whether I will cut out the discharge deflector bar...probably not since there is no turning back if that does not make a difference
pix show before and after

View attachment 23182View attachment 23183