Hustler Accesories

JOATMON

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, Newbe here, thought I might find some help in locating some accessory parts for my new Hustler Raptor 42" mower. The dealer I bought it from is a bit greedy on replacement part prices. I'm looking for a reputable on-line part dealer that sells at discount prices. While I have found plenty on-line dealers, I'm having a hard time finding the parts I'm interested in.

I'm looking for Hustler these part numbers; 119818 engine guard kit, 117703 hour meter kit.

Any help would be appreciated.

RetiredGuns

Threads
Hello, Newbe here, thought I might find some help in locating some accessory parts for my new Hustler Raptor 42" mower. The dealer I bought it from is a bit greedy on replacement part prices. I'm looking for a reputable on-line part dealer that sells at discount prices. While I have found plenty on-line dealers, I'm having a hard time finding the parts I'm interested in.

I'm looking for Hustler these part numbers; 119818 engine guard kit, 117703 hour meter kit.

Any help would be appreciated.

My dealer charged me $69 for an engine guard. What was the price your dealer quoted?
Check out Buchalla as they carry a ton of parts. Error

If you don't see the parts, call them and ask.

JOATMON

Forum Newbie
Threads
My dealer charged me $69 for an engine guard. What was the price your dealer quoted?
Check out Buchalla as they carry a ton of parts. Error

If you don't see the parts, call them and ask.

Thank you Sir for your reply and also for your service to our country in the military. My local dealer folks are nice enough folks but get full list on parts. I went to pick up a filter and oil to do the first oil change. I spoke briefly to a handfull of employees that were chomping at the bit to leave because it was about 15 minutes before closing time. When I asked about the guard one guy said they had them in stock about eighty something dollars. I could have sworn I had found a price at about $45, but I can't find that online site again. On the hour meter, he said yep, we got em, I think they are about $70. When I asked about the flex fork kit, another guy said, you don't want them things, they make the mower bounce too much and scalp the grass. I saw you other post about the muffler heat shield and would like to find the part number as its not listed as an accessory in my book. I left mine running about ten minutes in the grass and it burnt a two foot circle LOL. I'm gonna check the link you sent and see. Thank you.

RetiredGuns

Threads
Not exactly sure if the item# on my receipt is the Hustler part#, but it may help..

photo.JPG

JDubya88

Threads
I added the engine guard and heat shield to my SD recently. I got them both from my local dealer. The guard was right at about $70 and the heat shield would've been $42 but I got the dealer to warranty it because I showed him pics of my brown grass where the mower sat while it opened my gate. I snapped a pic of the heat shield instructions that show the part number for both the Raptor and the SD. It was a bit of a pain in the butt to install both the guard and heat shield because they use the same bolt holes and getting them to line up exactly right with just one person sucked. I mowed the grass the first time today since installing the heat shield so I'll see if it did it's job in a day or two. When I was looking at Raptors the dealer told me to add the hour meter to the standard Raptor was $40. I'd go back to the dealer during morning or mid-day hours and get exact prices. Good luck to you!

JOATMON

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not exactly sure if the item# on my receipt is the Hustler part#, but it may help..

photo.JPG

Thanks again Sir, I checked out the site you mentioned and the part numbers don't come up. May have to make a call. I'll be needing that heat shield too. I could easily fabricate an engine guard from a sheet of aluminum, perhaps the heat shield too, but it appears it would be a bit tougher to do the cutout and compound bends. Still looking around for a one stop discount priced Hustler part dealer on-line when I have the time.

JOATMON

Forum Newbie
Threads
I added the engine guard and heat shield to my SD recently. I got them both from my local dealer. The guard was right at about $70 and the heat shield would've been $42 but I got the dealer to warranty it because I showed him pics of my brown grass where the mower sat while it opened my gate. I snapped a pic of the heat shield instructions that show the part number for both the Raptor and the SD. It was a bit of a pain in the butt to install both the guard and heat shield because they use the same bolt holes and getting them to line up exactly right with just one person sucked. I mowed the grass the first time today since installing the heat shield so I'll see if it did it's job in a day or two. When I was looking at Raptors the dealer told me to add the hour meter to the standard Raptor was $40. I'd go back to the dealer during morning or mid-day hours and get exact prices. Good luck to you!

W, Thank you for the reply. Interesting that the dealer gave you the heat shield, I may try that tactic myself. I'm pretty tight with the cash, just hate paying for the mower, then getting another wallet hit on accessories that really should have been factory installed as the heat shield and engine guard seem to be neccesary components.

JOATMON

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, after spending plenty time trying to find the Hustler parts online at discount prices, I gave up as I could not find the stuff. Maybe the part numbers are too new and haven't been added to part databases?
I finally just went to the dealer to buy the engine guard, the hour meter and the muffler heat shield. I made sure to mention that the muffler would catch the grass on fire if left parked with the engine running. I also mentioned that I read about it on the internet and the fact that the individual said that his dealer supplied it under warranty.
They easily found the engine guard and the hour meter and had them in stock. However they could not find the muffler heat shield in their computer. The manager got on the phone with somebody and that somebody asked a few questions; was the grass cut or uncut? did the grass catch fire or just got browned? I told the manager that I had no doubt that if it was tall dry grass it would indeed catch fire and I felt that it was a safety issue. He said that they would order one in for me and we'll install it. Didn't say it would be no cost, but led me to believe it will be covered under warranty.
Thanks and a hat tip to Dubya about getting your shield under warranty.
Cost $80 for the engine guard and $47 for the hour meter plus tax. Super easy to install both in about 15-20 minutes.

I sold my broken John Deere for $200 on Craigslist so it didn't hurt to pay for the other items.

Thanks again and I'll check back in to let ya'll know if they cover it under warranty.

JDubya88

Threads
Glad to hear they didn't give you too much of a run around about it. They should cover it under warranty. It should honestly come with the heat shield directly from the factory. I think my dealer said the part was like $42 not under warranty. Either way, let us know what happens.

JOATMON

Forum Newbie
Threads
Glad to hear they didn't give you too much of a run around about it. They should cover it under warranty. It should honestly come with the heat shield directly from the factory. I think my dealer said the part was like $42 not under warranty. Either way, let us know what happens.

Hey JW, Just wanted to let you know I finally got my muffler heat shield yesterday. They ordered or received the wrong part the first time, back ordered, etc.
I used your warranty experience with my dealer, he said, they should cover it under warranty, I'll call tomorrow. So I said, well, is it free right now and he said yes. I told him to call me if there is any issue and I'd come back and pay him. Thanks again.