New Additions To The Family!

Guidotkp

Threads
I added 6 more Lawn-Boy mowers to my collection today, bringing my total to 10. All are non-running, but 3 don't look like they will need much to get up and running. Unfortunately, the 2 older ones are not complete, which might make repairing them financially unfeasible. I paid $100 for all 6, and the guy even delivered them. Let me know what y'all think.

Model 8224 - S/N ???? - (not complete)
Model 5277 - S/N 8322037 - (not complete)
Model 8234AE - S/N 7629955 - (mostly complete)
Model 8237 - S/N 9778015 - (good condition, non-running)
Model 8237 - S/N 9498138 - (good condition, non-running)
Model R8237 - S/N 9546618 - (good condition, non-running)

The guy I bought these from has a line on a good condition, running buttercup. He's going to let me know. He was repairing and reselling them, but had to get out of it because of problems with his hands. Next week, I'm going to look at a good condition, good running Model 7071 Golden Boy Anniversary Model. I also have a line on a 1982 Model 7251 & a Lawn-Boy weed eater. Both run and are in good condition. They are for sale by the original owner, and he has the manual for the weedeater, and even a few of the metal cans of oil. I hope you will all make comments and suggestions, and any info you can provide on these new purchases will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMAG0517a.jpg
    IMAG0517a.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 42

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
You got a great deal for $100.

You're probably right that the incomplete ones may not be feasible to fix -- but you've got a good store of parts at a good price.

qd-16

Threads
An "Auto mower" in the bunch ....nice score!

2smoked

Threads
Guido, I hope that you can get as many of them going as you can. Let us know how your progress goes. And let us know how you come out on the other possible prospects. It sure is a good feeling to see old Lawn Boys come back to life. I think $100.00 was a fair deal.

JohnBoy1

Threads
Looks like you got the 6 pack deal in Beechgroove lol I got one of my 8fh13lb's off him and some old Lawnboy tools.

Guidotkp

Threads
Yeah, I may have bit off more than I can chew. I figured if I can get a couple of them running and sell them, then part out the rest, I might make enough to fund repairs and restoration of my keepers. I'm not a big fan of the self-propelled mowers, but I'm seriously considering fixing up the 8234AE and keeping it in my collection. The AE's don't seem to be very common.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like you got the 6 pack deal in Beechgroove lol I got one of my 8fh13lb's off him and some old Lawnboy tools.

Were those special tools for working on LBs? If so I'd like to know about them and see photos, if possible. :cool:

Phototone

Threads
In my opinion (and I mow on hills, ha ha), any self-propelled models have greater resale value.

JohnBoy1

Threads
Yes they are, they were made just for lawnboys. I have a seal puller, installer and bronze bushing installer. Il post some pics for you.

Phototone

Threads
While there "are" special Lawnboy tools, you really don't need any for almost all tasks in repair and rebuilding. For instance, there was a Lawnboy ring compressor, however a large hose clamp works just fine when reinstalling piston and rings in cylinder. Another "special" tool is a piece that screws into the sparkplug hole to stop piston movement, used when unscrewing blade, or flywheel from crankshaft. I have found an impact wrench does this just fine without the special tool.