Toro 3000D Deck Won't Lift

KTMRIDER

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the site and need some help. I just bought a 2001 Toro Groundsmaster 3000-D with the 82" deck. It is having a problem where it will only lift the deck maybe an inch. There is power getting to the lift/down solenoids, the hydraulic oil level is good. Something I'm wondering about is if the "LC1" pressure adjuster may need adjustment? Without having the gauges associated with adjusting this, I'm afraid of damaging something, but according to the manual schematic, looks like has a wide range of something like 75 to 220psi, so maybe is safe to try to tweak it a little. I also see an adjustable "N1" in that system. Anything else known to be an issue on these?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just make small adjustments

Also make sure nothing is bent.
I have unhooked the lift arms and went up then down a few times to purge air out.

KTMRIDER

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah, I happened to just happened to get off the phone with a friend who mentioned he bet there is a little air in the system. I'll give that a try. I had experimented with putting the deck over a bank and it lifts fine from a lower position, just only goes as high as about level. Hopefully just some air.
Thanks.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, I happened to just happened to get off the phone with a friend who mentioned he bet there is a little air in the system. I'll give that a try. I had experimented with putting the deck over a bank and it lifts fine from a lower position, just only goes as high as about level. Hopefully just some air. Thanks.

Not sure about yours but on mine. The lift arms have multiple holes. Maybe it is in the lowest hole

KTMRIDER

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't see any bleeder holes in the cylinders. Haven't had much time to mess with it, but with the deck off, the cylinders don't operate, probably because of no weight.

KTMRIDER

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is looking like this is the way it is with this deck (outer wheels pretty much stay on the ground when lifted). I'm seeing 3.5" of cylinder shaft when fully "raised". It would be nice to have confirmation from someone who has this 82" deck or is familiar with it to confirm that it won't lift like a 1 section deck does.

larryboensch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sir,

I have a 3000D which is new to me with a "contour deck" hydraulically run with four motor heads and blades. This deck is flexible, thus the contour designation. There are restraining cables which only allow so much flex down on the outer mowing heads and determine the total float capability of the outer heads. These restraints are bolted using "eyes" in the cables to the outer cutting heads: one on each side of the two central heads which lie between the lifting arms.

If this is your deck, or sounds similar, you may be missing the cables. Although the central (between the lift arms) lift well the outer heads have to sag to work properly on uneven ground.:confused3: