Repairs please help with a problem with lx277

ateoate

Forum Newbie
Threads
just bought it off of craigslist and thought that after a couple minor problems were fixed it would run perfect. when i pull the pto switch it engages fine, but when i start mowing it really boggs down, then stalls, even in short grass. it also does it when im turning. does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? please help

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I believe that hydrostatic drive has a 17 hp Kawasaki engine... and is all wheel steer...
It should have plenty of HP... the fact that you are seeing problems when turning leads me to think you have something wrong in the all wheel steering... give that a close functional check and post back... :smile:KennyV
BTW just noticed your new here... Welcome to this... 'Usually' fun group...

ateoate

Forum Newbie
Threads
there is an all wheel steer model, but mine is not

GreatWhiteNorth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it new fuel or was there old fuel in it. Could be moisture in fuel or just old. Might be mixture.

ateoate

Forum Newbie
Threads
The fuel is new along with new fluids, belts, fuel filter and I cleaned everything also. The only thing I can think of is the pro clutch, which is a lil rusty and kind of grinds when I turn it by hand. Can't figure out how to take it apart though

mac

Threads
You can't take the PTO apart. I suspect that the bearing in the PTO is going out. The only thing you can do is replace the PTO. Sorry.