Lawn sweeper clippings

wosadczuk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a lawn sweeper that I can pull behind my Kubota GR2110. My problem is that I don't know what to do with all the clippings .

I need ideas, so i will start with a couple.

Burn them. (messy)
Dig a hole at the back of the property with a backhoe and use that. (Hazzard)

Any more Ideas

indypower

Threads
Burning usually needs a permit. Here, you are not allowed to burn leaves or grass.

I started a compost pile. Just get 4 grade stakes, and a roll of chicken wire fencing. Just throw the clippings in there and let them decompose. Then you have great compost for a flower garden, patching up bare ground on the lawn, ect. or you can sell it or give it to your friends. Compost is valueable as it is rich in nutrients. Oh, if you want to compost it faster, buy some redworms and put them in the pile.

Zeroturn

Threads
We use ours in the garden. We put them around the plants and the grass decomposes down and stops the weeds from growing so much. It works like a charm! Do you have a garden?

Lou_B

Forum Newbie
Threads
Another vote for using grass clippings for mulch. This year we used grass clippings and ground up leaf debris as mulch around shrubs and in the garden.

So far this has worked well and it neatly solves the problem of leaf and grass clipping disposal.

Lou Braun