Replace primer bulb

Ralph999

Forum Newbie
Threads
I press on the primer and no gas goes into the primer. I changed the carb. gasket. I cleaned the hole going to the carb. frome the primer. I am pretty sure the carb. is getting gas from the tank. Also cleaned the vent holes in the gas cap. It is a Techumseh,I got at Sears. [Craftman] It a walk behind mower. The Model # is 917-375511. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I press on the primer and no gas goes into the primer. I changed the carb. gasket. I cleaned the hole going to the carb. frome the primer. I am pretty sure the carb. is getting gas from the tank. Also cleaned the vent holes in the gas cap. It is a Techumseh,I got at Sears. [Craftman] It a walk behind mower. The Model # is 917-375511. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Welcome to LMF, I have never been fond of primer bulbs to begin with, would much prefer a manual choke than a primer bulb. Try removing the spark plug and putting in a tiny amount of gas in the plug hole, replace the plug and wire then try to start it and see if the engine will fire. I have an '89 vintage Craftsman snowblower with a 4-stroke Tecumseh and the primer has not worked in years but it will still fire and start in 20 degree weather. Tell us how many times you try to pull over your mower before yoiu decide it will not start.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I happen to love primer bulbs.....it allows that 'one pull' experience...:wink:

Try ebay for a new one....they are a snap to change. Yours probably has a hole somewhere.......or even try looking at sears........

Although, I gotta agree with JD, my Lawn Boy Tecumseh 4.5 horse hasn't had a working primer bulb in forever....and it will fire....takes more than three pulls.....maybe even four. :laughing: But, it will fire - and it needs rings bad, too. I'd like to know how many times you tried, too......not to imply you gave up after two pulls..........

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ralph...
He's right they are very easy to change... and a great way to push fuel into the intake before you pull...
Here is the Hoe to video... YouTube - HOW TO Replace Lawnmower Primer Bulb
Cheap EASY fix...
Welcome to the Forum & let us know how it came out... :smile:KennyV

Ralph999

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info. I did remove the plug,gave it a little bit of gas,and it started right up. But I did pull the cord about 7 times ,nothing. So now I can safely assume I need a new primer bulp. Thank again for the help,most appreciated.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

supertech

Threads
Is this the type of primer bulb that mounts in the air filter Housing?