scag magnum 3

banshee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys im new to the forum forgive me for punctuation im useing my phone. Well I just acquired 2 scag magnum 3 a 61 and a 72 they both have the kabota 3 cylinder diesel engines. I changed all fluids and filters including the fuel filters. My problem is they run and mow great for 45 min to and hour and then lose power and die the 72 just dies and wont start for 20 30 min. I cant find barley any info on the net and ther isint a dealer around me to take it to please help or im gona burn them thanks

banshee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well just dropped my savings on a 62in turf tiger and it is awesome but now I cant eat or drink for a year but my yard will look nice...

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Sabertooth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys im new to the forum forgive me for punctuation im useing my phone. Well I just acquired 2 scag magnum 3 a 61 and a 72 they both have the kabota 3 cylinder diesel engines. I changed all fluids and filters including the fuel filters. My problem is they run and mow great for 45 min to and hour and then lose power and die the 72 just dies and wont start for 20 30 min. I cant find barley any info on the net and ther isint a dealer around me to take it to please help or im gona burn them thanks

I have a 98 magnum 3. Mine has two fuel filters the screw on canister also a inline clear filter tucked up in side the frame.check it out mine needs changed every season.

Capt Mack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Scag Magnum 3 (72") losing power going up an incline. 1206 hours on 3 cyl Kubota engine. I suspect high pressure drive pump is weakening, but am unsure. Both fuel filters recently replaced. New blades. Suggestions solicited.