Turf Tiger

mahaney

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Scag 72'' 35 hp mower. When I engage the blades I lose most of my power. I need help. Thanks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thats the V twin Briggs... I am sure it can't be anything dragging that engine down in the deck... so there can only be a few things on the engine that can cause that ...

The Mechanical Compression Release not returning after starting, I think this would be noticeable without the load of operating the deck...
Restricted fuel or air flow???
How is the sound of the engine without a load?
From idle to full throttle how is the sound??
By the way WELCOME to this Forum... the Scag group is getting Bigger... :smile:KennyV

mahaney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thats the V twin Briggs... I am sure it can't be anything dragging that engine down in the deck... so there can only be a few things on the engine that can cause that ...

The Mechanical Compression Release not returning after starting, I think this would be noticeable without the load of operating the deck...
By the way WELCOME to this Forum... the Scag group is getting Bigger... :smile:KennyV

Runs strong and sounds good without blades engaged. I did change fuel pump. Thanks

mahaney

Forum Newbie
Threads

I hope I am replying to this the right way? Do you think it is a cyclinder?

mahaney

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know I must not be doing this right just found reply thread. Engine sounds good starts right up. Only when blades are engaged do I lose power. Thanks

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
One thing I can think of as a posibility is a dirty air filter -- it may not even look dirty, but sometimes an engine will run fine until under load and it needs more air and can't get it because of a dirty filter. Might not be the problem, but check it out ! :biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The engine will go from idle to full throttle rapidly and it sounds right while doing it...?

When you engage the deck and increase the throttle?

Do you get dark or black exhaust at full throttle with blades engaged? ... ?:smile:KennyV?
Check the main/power jet in the carb... it may have something partially plugging it?

wildbill

Threads
Yo KennyV..... I just posted a HELP on the Scagg forum...... take a look. I am in a ditch.

mahaney

Forum Newbie
Threads

Engine sounds great no problems. When I engage blades engine power just drops.

carefree lawn care

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine was doing the same thing it was a bent push rod
Replaced it and is a little better still lacks power when blades are running