help byers zero turn

clayton

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello guys this is my first time posting i have a byers zero turn lawn mower it has a kolher command 22 engine on it here is my issue it will start and run fine for maybe 15 minutes then it will sputter then die out unless i pull the choke and even then ti is a matter of seconds untill it dies im out of ideas here is a list of some of the things that i have done to fix....

pulled fuel thanks and cleaned
ran with gas caps off to elimnate the possabillaty of bad cap vent
new air filter and oil change (i do once a year)
checked grounds and wires to make sure everything is connected properley
new battery
checked for spark and replaced plugs

anyone else ran into this problem...... i work on alot of cars but im not a master of the small engine i would just someone to point me in the right direction.....thanks

Opposed twin

Threads
Could be the carb.....adjust the slow and fast screws.....turn both screws all the way in(not too tight just stop wen there's some resistance) and turn both out about 1.1/2 one and a half turn out and adjust to run as u perfer

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
That sounds like it is going to be a fuel delivery problem...
If it were an ignition problem , it would die with the application of choke and a poor spark...

Check fuel delivery...
is there a fuel pump on this... fuel filter... ?? :smile:KennyV

thomas sprowl

Forum Newbie
Threads
may be some one has more info on this machine.
hello guys this is my first time posting i have a byers zero turn lawn mower it has a kolher command 22 engine on it here is my issue it will start and run fine for maybe 15 minutes then it will sputter then die out unless i pull the choke and even then ti is a matter of seconds untill it dies im out of ideas here is a list of some of the things that i have done to fix....

pulled fuel thanks and cleaned
ran with gas caps off to elimnate the possabillaty of bad cap vent
new air filter and oil change (i do once a year)
checked grounds and wires to make sure everything is connected properley
new battery
checked for spark and replaced plugs

anyone else ran into this problem...... i work on alot of cars but im not a master of the small engine i would just someone to point me in the right direction.....thanks